My EasyN IP CAM forgot it's password???

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using Blue Iris with a DLink Interior Cam and an EasyN Dome Camera in my back yard (both wireless IP Cams). Last night the exterior camera stopped 'talking' to Blue Iris. I have a iPhone App for the EasyN Camera, and I can see it there, move it around, pan it back an fourth etc. but Blue Iris Can't see it - it says check your user name and password. I can ping the Camera from my computer but can't log into it using a browser (Firefox and Chrome).

I've tried powering the camera off a few times, restarting it in BI, restarting my machine, my router.... - nothing seems to work

Any suggestions?

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh, I've also tried updating Blue Iris. The EasyN was a fairly cheap Chinese Camera (I think about $130) - so I'm willing to accept the fact that it only lasted a year in the Canadian winter, Serves me right...

..but the phone app can see it perfectly? I checked the admin password in Blue Iris - and I'm entering it correctly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I've also tried updating Blue Iris. The EasyN was a fairly cheap Chinese Camera (I think about $130) - so I'm willing to accept the fact that it only lasted a year in the Canadian winter, Serves me right...

..but the phone app can see it perfectly? I checked the admin password in Blue Iris - and I'm entering it correctly.
Have you double checked the ip address and ports?
130 is expensive for a junk like easyN..you can buy good quality cameras from dahua or hikvision for that kind of money (or less)...

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup Double checked the IP and port. Maybe it wasn't as much as $130 (that's Canadian BTW - so about 20 bucks)...
just wodering if I should throw it out - when the phone app can still see it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup Double checked the IP and port. Maybe it wasn't as much as $130 (that's Canadian BTW - so about 20 bucks)...
just wodering if I should throw it out - when the phone app can still see it.
Its likely still good...try a hard reset. Have you tried a different stream option in blue iris?

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure how to select a different stream. I still can't connect to the Camera after several Hard resets (on the cam) from ANY Browser - ad Edge to that list. I have it configured to Foscam MJPEG (no audio,PZT) - go figure and not EasyN, I recall none of the EasyN configs worked....

Wouldn't the fact that the phone app still see the camera would imply there's something partially working with it?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how to select a different stream. I still can't connect to the Camera after several Hard resets (on the cam) from ANY Browser - ad Edge to that list. I have it configured to Foscam MJPEG (no audio,PZT) - go figure and not EasyN, I recall none of the EasyN configs worked....

Looks like its heading for the bin...

Wouldn't the fact that the phone app still see the camera would imply there's something partially working with it?
Strange, are you certain of the ip address? do you manually have to enter the ip address in the mobile app?

Setatone

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the IP address by logging into my router.

I can't see any interface in the app to see what IP it's using - I loaded Easyn P (the app) on my iPad - put my Bell credentials into it, but it timed out trying to configure the wifi.

Last edited by a moderator: