My dvr don t work on hdmi tv

danidani

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras and a dvr dahua from like 8 months and was connected on hdmi on a samsung tv
but now when i want to see cameras on samsung tv i click on hdmi and show my dvr is shut down but dvr is on, i changed hdmi cable but doesn t work, how can i see again my cameras on tv?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had that happen where the HDMI port simply goes out and fails. Typically on longer runs, but it can happen on short runs also.

As long as nothing has changed, then that is probably what happened. But for kicks and grins log into the NVR via a computer and see if you can make the resolution to HDMI lower - maybe it somehow got set higher than the resolution of the TV during an update.

danidani

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had that happen where the HDMI port simply goes out and fails. Typically on longer runs, but it can happen on short runs also.

As long as nothing has changed, then that is probably what happened. But for kicks and grins log into the NVR via a computer and see if you can make the resolution to HDMI lower - maybe it somehow got set higher than the resolution of the TV during an update.
how can i acces dvr on a computer?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to a web browser and type in the IP address of the DVR/NVR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From your router. It may be a game of chase and find though to figure out which IP address is for it.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i understand you already tried a different input in your Samsung tv. To determine the assigned ip of the nvr, you may download the ip config tool

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras and a dvr dahua from like 8 months and was connected on hdmi on a samsung tv
but now when i want to see? cameras on samsung tv i click on hdmi and show my dvr is shut down but dvr is on, i changed hdmi cable but doesn t work, how can i see again my cameras on tv?
Try connecting the NVR to a different HDMI input port on the TV. If you have a PC display that supports HDMI, then connect the display to the NVR and see if that works. Also check the resolution setting on the NVR and verify it is supported on the TV or PC display you are using.

How long is your HDMI cable? Anything above about 12 feet you are asking for potential signal loss issues.

danidani

n3wb
Reaction score
Try connecting the NVR to a different HDMI input port on the TV. If you have a PC display that supports HDMI, then connect the display to the NVR and see if that works. Also check the resolution setting on the NVR and verify it is supported on the TV or PC display you are using.

How long is your HDMI cable? Anything above about 12 feet you are asking for potential signal loss issues.
how can i see the ip address if i can t enter on nvr?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I told you in Post #6 - login to your router and look at what is connected to the router. Unplug the NVR and watch which IP address disappears. That would be the IP address of the NVR.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Connect a PC display to the video output port on the NVR. Power on the NVR and the display and see if you get anything on the screen. You don't need to know the NVR IP address to do this simple test. The PC display will auto adjust to the resolution of the NVR....assuming the display can support it.

danidani

n3wb
Reaction score
I told you in Post #6 - login to your router and look at what is connected to the router. Unplug the NVR and watch which IP address disappears. That would be the IP address of the NVR.
my nvr don t appear here

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the DVR connected to your internet?

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still say that it doesn't matter. You have a video output port on the NVR. You have a video input port on the TV or PC display. Connect a video cable between them and see whether anything is present on the screen or not. Either the NVR has a video output signal present or it doesn't. Network or Internet connection doesn't matter at this point.

danidani

n3wb
Reaction score
o
I still say that it doesn't matter. You have a video output port on the NVR. You have a video input port on the TV or PC display. Connect a video cable between them and see whether anything is present on the screen or not. Either the NVR has a video output signal present or it doesn't. Network or Internet connection doesn't matter at this point.
i don t have a pc display just tv

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i did this but doesn t work
Based on your original statement "i click on hdmi and show my dvr is shut down but dvr is on", it sounds like your DVR is not putting out a video signal which is why the TV says it's shut down.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
try another port, try another cable, try another tv