My Dahua camera is suddenly stuck in b&w... (And what settings do you use in day for ALPR?)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Well along those lines I did have ONE stuck in .. Black ..;)

Same problem, Moisture got into it and it was toast

camelian

n3wb
Reaction score
Following..mine is stuck in B&W as well, and it's brand new. I have another one setup nearby that switches to color in the daytime just fine, and the settings are exactly the same.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Following..mine is stuck in B&W as well, and it's brand new. I have another one setup nearby that switches to color in the daytime just fine, and the settings are exactly the same.
Try a factory reset and start from scratch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the schedule set to full-time night?

Sometimes these cams need 3 or 4 saves to take. I have got in the habit of saving and hitting refresh to confirm it took. Also sometimes I have had settings change when I save something else.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^
THIS

I always save/refresh 3 times and then click off that tab and click back on it to check one last time that the settings saved before logging out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In fact, my B5442-Z4E camera changes the exposure settings when I make a change to IVS and hit save! I was finishing installing my Black Friday purchase after using testing rig to figure the best place for it and was modifying the IVS late last night and hit save and the image brightened up considerably and I was like wow that is a great image now, so I went to the exposure settings and it changed it to auto, so I changed it back to my manual shutter settings.

So you could have some crazy artifact or not saving your settings in that cam, so always go back and confirm!