Multiple Suspects Casing Neighborhood

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

Multiple suspects conducting auto burglaries in the vicinity, operating from a White Hyundai Sonata. These suspects were observed casing the area, driving around multiple times on the same day. Their activities were tracked before they eventually broke into a neighbor's vehicle. The license plate of the suspect vehicle is CA#6YRE895.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The vehicle they're driving comes up as stolen on NICB so the license plate shots won't help much. To bad AI on the camera won't do some full zoom face shots.
That's interesting. Thank you so much for that information. The same vehicle was spotted driving through our neighborhood a couple of weeks earlier as well. Now, I'm wondering if, perhaps after the social media post, the suspect reported it as stolen, or if it had already been stolen for weeks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's interesting. Thank you so much for that information. The same vehicle was spotted driving through our neighborhood a couple of weeks earlier as well. Now, I'm wondering if, perhaps after the social media post, the suspect reported it as stolen, or if it had already been stolen for weeks.
Hard to say, but it's pretty common for car thieves and door checkers to drive around in stolen cars or at a minimum with stolen / no license plates. The license plate does match a 2012 Sonota.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how do you look up license plates to see if they come back as stolen? You mentioned something about "NICB"? Thank you
NICB = National Insurance Crime Bureau you need the VIN to check if a vehicle is stolen. Some states also have their own database you can search. In my experience it can take a little while before a vehicle shows up as stolen on there.

I used the FAX VIN license plate lookup tool to get the VIN.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
NICB = National Insurance Crime Bureau you need the VIN to check if a vehicle is stolen. Some states also have their own database you can search. In my experience it can take a little while before a vehicle shows up as stolen on there.

I used the FAX VIN license plate lookup tool to get the VIN.
Aha nice thanks for this info never knew just also found if someone living in city SAN BERNARDINO, CA

seems like that dept does release the stolen plate list

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
20 years ago, my dad almost bought a stolen car from the russian mob but was tipped off by someone else looking at the car at the same time (he had some misgivings of his own). We saw the SWAT team raid the house on the local news about a week later. Needless to say I've made a point of being well versed in looking up things about vehicles.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden in Hawaii showing his pedophilia.
And also another one ..

Also if in CA if crime was not already bad enough.. Now SB 553 is in the works..

Which will prohibit the direct confrontation of shoplifters by store owners and employees.

Last edited: