multiple cam config

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm a newbie to Blue Iris, so, please pardon if this has already been brought up before.

I have 12 cameras, 4 of Brand A, and 8 of Brand B. I'm finding myself going through all the steps to adjust the settings of a camera (video settings, audio settings, motion/trigger settings, record settings, post settings, webcast settings, alerts settings, schedule settings, ptz/control settings, watchdog settings), then have to repeat all those steps again for the next camera. Is there a way to copy a camera's settings and apply them to multiple cameras at once?

As a newbie, I'm quite impressed with all the functionality that is possible with this software. It far exceeds the capability of the other cam recording software that I've tried out.

I look forward to your constructive comments.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On the camera window you wish to copy, right click and select cmaera properties. You will see two buttons on the bottom right of the window that opens.
From the BI help file:

Importing and Exporting Settings
Click the "Export settings..." button to save a camera's configuration to a file. You may wish to do this as a backup, or when creating a new camera as a copy of another. It may also come in handy to include this file if you need to ask for software support via email.
Click the "Import settings..." button to load the settings from a file previously created with the "Export settings" function

Best!

toejam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That will definitely save some on the setup. I was really hoping that there would be an option to open all configuration settings for all cameras at the same time, perhaps even in a side-by-side view. This way I could simply scroll across each setting for each camera and make sure they're all appropriate, at the same time.
Perhaps this could be a new feature in v5.0.