multi-tasking PC

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good Evening Folks,
So, from another thread that I created, I've learned that to run BI, I don't really need a very powerful PC, been reading the wiki and the posts that everyone chimed in on, all have been very helpful.

I had a thought to multi-task so wanted to run by you experts to see if this make sense.

Once I get a desktop for BI, and to run it, the PC will be on 24/7.
Question: Has anyone thought to multi-task that PC and run PLEX server on it alongside BI?

The CPU is the most taxing item, but what if a desktop i7 was used so it can do both? Is this even doable and/or does it make sense to even do this ?

thanks in advance for your thoughts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Evening Folks,
So, from another thread that I created, I've learned that to run BI, I don't really need a very powerful PC, been reading the wiki and the posts that everyone chimed in on, all have been very helpful.

I had a thought to multi-task so wanted to run by you experts to see if this make sense.

Once I get a desktop for BI, and to run it, the PC will be on 24/7.
Question: Has anyone thought to multi-task that PC and run PLEX server on it alongside BI?

The CPU is the most taxing item, but what if a desktop i7 was used so it can do both? Is this even doable and/or does it make sense to even do this ?

thanks in advance for your thoughts.
dedicate a pc to blue iris, just as you would dedicate an NVR to recording, otherwise you will have issues and wonder why. The power required depends on your load. i7 is a meaningless term.

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, @fenderman, makes sense to keep it as a standalone Machine only serving up BI

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Good advice. I have a separate Emby media server; no idea to combine them. Both systems need to work 24/7/365 which won't happen if one PC tries to do both tasks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk