MQTT Alert messages from Blue Iris - not firing?

Reaction score
Just finished creating two different recording Profiles in Blue Iris:
1 - All cameras active (we're not home)
2 - Only outdoor cameras active (we're home)

I have a Home Assistant automation that enables the alarm system when we leave home.
I added the following MQTT.Publish service to switch recording Profiles in Blue Iris.
Code:
Service:    MQTT.Publish
Topic:      BlueIris/admin
Payload:    profile=1&lock=1

Buxton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. How is the message received time on your phone (compared to the event) when sending a message from HA to your mobile app. I like that you can launch a clip on the app from an alert jpg. What player are you using?

How are you fire-walling BlueIris on your LAN?

Reaction score
That's pretty slick. How is the message received time on your phone (compared to the event) when sending a message from HA to your mobile app. I like that you can launch a clip on the app from an alert jpg. What player are you using?

How are you fire-walling BlueIris on your LAN?
Notifications arrive on my iPhone in literally one to three seconds. The notification often arrives before the clip is fully prepared and closed on the BlueIris server.

My BlueIris server is using STUNNEL to provide certificated/secure transmission. User authentication is required to connect. It adds a few seconds to connect from the phone's Safari browser, but that's a very small price to pay.

I'm currently looking at using deep-linking into the Blue Iris app to skip the additional authentication required when using UI3 from the HA notifications. The Blue Iris app stays authenticated, so no need to enter a username and password, as is required with UI3.

Reaction score
From the Blue Iris PDF documentation, page 243:
BlueIris said:
IOS APP DEEPLINKING

You may launch the Blue Iris on the iPhone or iPad using the following browser schema:
blueiris:/?

You may go directly to a camera or group by specifying its short name. Optionally, go to the
most recent alert on the camera or group.
blueiris:/?camera=xxx[&alerts]

You may instead go directly to a specific tab or page in the app:
blueiris:/?tab=(home,cameras,alerts,status,info)
Updated my HomeAssistant automation today. Deep-linking works perfectly.
Refer to my JSON code earlier in this thread, where these values are parsed from the JSON:
  • cam_name
  • img_time
Code:
service: notify.mobile_app_freds_iphone
data:
  title: Blue Iris activity alert
  data:
    image: /local/{{ cam_name }}.jpg
    url: >-
      blueiris:/?camera={{ cam_name }}&alerts
    clickAction: >-
      blueiris:/?camera={{ cam_name }}&alerts

Last edited:
Reaction score
A little over a week later, and using the blueiris:/?camera deep-linking is WORLDS BETTER than an https:// ui3 URL. No authentication, no delays, just the Blue Iris app on my phone, and it's a lot faster than the web browser and authentication.