Moving Blue Iris

Reaction score
Hello, N3wb here.

Can someone point me to a post or thread that discusses moving the Blue Iris application, database, videos, etc. to a new computer? I want to upgrade hardware and I am wondering if I can have a licensed copy of Blue Iris running on two seperate machines during the migration. The thing is I want to move the 2 TB C: drive in the old computer to be the D: drive in the new one. The new computer has a 500 GB SSD C: drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. The D: drive will be for storage and archive. I am not sure about the best way to proceed...

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can not have two licensed copies at the same time.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming you don’t have many cams and it’s not a complicated setup, I would unlicense BI from the old PC. Then using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB and install W10 on the new PC, then move the old 2Tb drive into the new PC install BI on the new, license it and detect and reconfigure the cams.

Then dependant upon if you don’t want the existing clips and assuming you’ve copied off anything you might want off it I’d format the new D:, create any necessary folder structures and then start up BI.

If you want the clips then makes sure the recording paths in BI are correct pointing to D: then do a regen of the database.

That should get you to a point where BI is now working on the new PC.