Moved from Blueiris to Scrypted NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the summary.

I keep meaning to reevaluate BI. It has so many issues anymore, e.g. motion detection randomly stops working, push notifications randomly stop working, etc. It emails tiny, blurry images for the first but not 2-4th images. The BI iOS app is pretty bad, too. Finding anything in a recording is next to impossible since it can't scrub video.
Let me guess - you have BI set to auto update. Stop - you are beta testing. You can scrub the video both in the app or via ui3 using a browser. If you are recieving blurry images you have something set incorrectly. I encourage you to try scrypted and compare...

iGagy

n3wb
Reaction score
It runs on mostly anything.. and since cameras can support multiple streams est to try out in parallel and keeping BlueIris

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me guess - you have BI set to auto update. Stop - you are beta testing. You can scrub the video both in the app or via ui3 using a browser. If you are recieving blurry images you have something set incorrectly. I encourage you to try scrypted and compare...
Only for critical and highly stable updates only. If that's beta testing, then I clearly need to dump BI.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe I had something configured wrong in Blue Iris, but it took me years to get Blue Iris into a smooth-ish state where the web UI and app never worked that well for me, and it took me 1 hour to set up Scrypted and it was optimized right out of the box with no fussing or looking up documentation and forums.
So the skills you learned, you transferred to another project and the benefit of those skills is that you were up and running quicker than your first project, that's normal. Granted, it's not rocket science, but still from zero knowledge to some knowledge takes time.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Read the post (skimmed), checked it out, saw the fancy UI, installed it all, then realized it's price.. I'll be staying with BI

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I checked out the Scrypted site and it seemed to be lacking in info but it’s probably a work in progress. Maybe I didn’t look good enough?

I see a lot of people complaining about BI UI and I actually waited a long time to buy the app but in reality I only open the app to watch an alert then I’m done. I also changed my recorded clips to an hour so I don’t have to scrub through hours.
How often do you guys need to access BI and scrub? Are you just sitting in front of your Bi screen waiting for shit to happen?

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
try it, but why?
Docker instances are very easy to install, backup, and maintain. All of the dependecies for the software are contained on the container so there is no need to worry about different versions of a library breaking another piece of software.

For many pieces of software, I just pull the container, modify the docker-compose YAML a bit and start the container. If my machine is a big bogged down, moving a container to another machine is easy.

I run them on Ubuntu, Windows, Mac and Windows. Pretty seemless.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Docker instances are very easy to install, backup, and maintain. All of the dependecies for the software are contained on the container so there is no need to worry about different versions of a library breaking another piece of software.

For many pieces of software, I just pull the container, modify the docker-compose YAML a bit and start the container. If my machine is a big bogged down, moving a container to another machine is easy.

I run them on Ubuntu, Windows, Mac and Windows. Pretty seemless.....
Never had to worry about that on any windows machine.. if this is something that is on your mind then go with scrypted will make your life easier....

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Even installing Codeproject on windows is a disaster. Upgrades often require a complete uninstall and new install.

Docker makes is far easier.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Codeporject ai supports Coral on windows. It came into beta a few weeks ago. I have the pci express version of the coral and its been working flawlessly.
It wont work right if you have a hypervisor setup
It does work on hypervisor, you just need to passthrough the PCI-E device to the VM. I run coral TPU pci-e like this in hyper-v

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I run Scripted, Added the HomeKit Plugin, and added each Camera to Apple Home, using Apple's AI to detect, and store footage on iCloud storage for free. Then Enable the NVR to access footage on my PC via Scripted.app (this is the part you pay for) Using Dedicated hardware "Apple Computer". Does it Replace Blueiris, that would depend on what you like. I can say scripted is very easy to review footage, the scrubbing is epically better than blueiris. I still use HIKNVR to archive footage though.