Mounting IPC-T5442T-ZE on 1/2" Conduit

RGL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd like to mount a IPC-T5442T-ZE on 1/2" Conduit (It's already hanging there...) and would like ideas on the best way to do this. I was thinking a PFA106 for the camera, but then what adapter(s) would I need to go from the 1/2" conduit to the PFA106, or is there just a whole 'nuther way that is better? I would like to use the conduit that is there though. Thanks for any ideas on this.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
You will a need a reducer or adapter (UK term) to take you from 1/2" conduit to the size of thread on the pendant. We use metric in the UK so I'm guessing 3/4 or 1" in USA.

It should be readily available in a local electrical wholesalers. Take the PFA106 with you to size

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That will be the problem. Given the PFA is metric and conduit is English size finding an adapter that's an exact fit will be a little tricky. I would guess a 3/4x1/2 reducing bushing or maybe a 1x1/2 reducing bushing might work "out of the box". Worst case get one that's a little too big and "machine" it down. Chuck it in a drill press, somehow, and use a file to file/grind it down to fit. Either way I think you'll want to use either Duct Seal or silicon seal to weatherproof that mechanical connection. Duct Seal has the advantage of being easily removed but is a dark grey and doesn't hold paint well.