Mount Hikvision camera without turret?

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm like the specs of the Hikvision DS-2CD2385G1-I camera.
image.png
Hikvision because of most compatible with my Hikvision NVR.

Now i have a DS-2CD2432F-IW, It is a Box type (see image).
hikvision.jpg
It is mounted behind the glass so it has some disadvantage because it is behind glass. I know. But it has a small form factor that i like and easy to mount inside the house.

Question is: Is there some solution to use only the camera shell without the turret?
The turret makes it big and also more visible outside. It adds cm's to the form factor.
Thanks.

Edit: I have had an Reolink RLC 520. It had a nice look and has a much smaller form factor. I liked it very much.
550x567.jpg

But Reolink sucks and is not compatible with NVR.

Attachments

Last edited:

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
what you mean to use only the camera housing (shell) without the turret?. You want to mount the electronics (board and lens) into another body?

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 'bowl' of the turret can be separated from the mount, so if you can find a way to position the 'bowl' itself, it's possible. See ->

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what you mean to use only the camera housing (shell) without the turret?. You want to mount the electronics (board and lens) into another body?
I mean what k110 says. Use only the “bowl” to have a smaller form factor.

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The 'bowl' of the turret can be separated from the mount, so if you can find a way to position the 'bowl' itself, it's possible. See ->
Yes. Only problem is how mount it. Think it is not possible without the turret.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
understand, but you will loose the 3-axis final installation movement (up/down/side) and the stability of the camera, besides it would look a little awful.