Motion Triggering 4.3.0.5 x64....Newbie question

byronsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Not really getting consistent results with a new BI install with respect to motion triggering.

Are the gridded areas or the green areas set for triggering?

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good question. This latest update changed lots of things in motion detection. When you open up the "Edit motion zones", Zone A comes up first. It is the old single zone motion detection, except that now the blocked area is clear, and the triggering area is green. What I do is use invert, then add an area to exclude, then invert again. The areas I want motion blocked are now clear, and the unblocked area is green.

The new zones I think of as trigger areas for alarms, and have not tried to use them as yet.

byronsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response....The green areas are triggers, the gridded areas apparently represent all trigger area regardless of which zones (A-G).

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, JUST to confirm....

in order to set up the triggers correctly in the latest update, 4.3.0.6 x 64, the green highlighted areas are the areas that will trigger when movement appears and the non-green areas are the blocked areas. IE. when movement occurs in the non-green areas, a trigger will NOT happen.

My triggers have been going crazy the past few days and all my cameras seem to be triggering over nothing.

dotnetrob

n3wb
Reaction score
running 4.3.0.6 and I am still trying to figure this out too. Looks like my highlighted areas are flipped since the last update. Meaning the areas that where blocked out previously are now being used to trigger motion. Cameras have been going crazy until I cleared all the masks.

lanep82

n3wb
Reaction score
running 4.3.0.6 and I am still trying to figure this out too. Looks like my highlighted areas are flipped since the last update. Meaning the areas that where blocked out previously are now being used to trigger motion. Cameras have been going crazy until I cleared all the masks.
I basically started from scratch and it seems to be working ok now. just clear the motion trigger areas and fill them in again. This time, however, you will want to mark the areas that you WANT triggering to take place. Anything that is clear/not green will be outside the triggering area.