motion sensor settings

ta240

n3wb
Reaction score
I have it set to only trigger if the object moves from A-B,A-C but when a light turns on in a window it triggers. What am I missing in the settings?
Zone A is in the center (doesn't go all the way to the bottom), Zone B is to the right and Zone C is to the left and at the bottom of the center. It is to catch anyone that comes up the walk and then either sets a package at the left or right side or goes to the door that is to the left of the camera. There is space between each zone and I set zone G as a background of everything. Only Zone G is over the window. When light is seen in the window it triggers the alert.
bi1.jpg
bi2.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would increase the make time and turn off the reset detector. If someone comes up fast enough the motion will be larger than 45% and won't trigger.

I would also turn off the motion detection blocks over the window.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a different motion sensor dilemma that won't surprise me if it's unsolvable, but maybe somebody has had something similar happen. I have this camera that looks down onto an open area with a street at the top. In this daytime picture BI has nicely detected the two deer in the lower left, one with the yellow box and the other a bit to the right along the dry grass line. They're hard to pick up in a still picture, and CPAI isn't even close to being able to detect them.
UpperGullyClone-2x-deer.jpg

The whole setup falls apart at night. Every time a car drives by much of the area gets lit up and drives the BI motion detector bonkers with multiple hits. If I increase the make time the animals won't cause a trigger. The BI tracking boxes for them usually blink on for a fraction of a second. I have the road and about 1/3 of the frame masked off so the motion detector doesn't see the road, but the hits from the car lights go all the way up to the camera. What to do???
UpperGullyClone-night.jpg UpperGullyClone-night-1.jpg