Motion record issue with car in driveway tonight

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Tonight I had a car pull down my driveway. Once it came to a stop, the passenger door opens and then the recording stops. This is all the alert recorded. The next alert wasn't until the person was walking back to the passenger door and getting back in the car. I must have something set wrong with my motion triggers for it to miss the person getting out of the car. Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tonight I had a car pull down my driveway. Once it came to a stop, the passenger door opens and then the recording stops. This is all the alert recorded. The next alert wasn't until the person was walking back to the passenger door and getting back in the car. I must have something set wrong with my motion triggers for it to miss the person getting out of the car. Any thoughts?
post screenshots of all your motion settings.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It might help if you post a clip but Ill bet it is that your motion detection thresholds are set too high.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here are the motion settings for that camera. Thanks!

motion.png

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The car was about 20' from the camera. This image is at the very end of the 15 second alert clip as they pulled down the driveway and then opened the passenger door. What exactly does break time mean? Thanks!

motion 2.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The car was about 20' from the camera. This image is at the very end of the 15 second alert clip as they pulled down the driveway and then opened the passenger door. What exactly does break time mean? Thanks!

View attachment 6168
Break time is the length of time it continues to record after a trigger is over.
What portion of this image is masked?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Okay, so it makes sense to up the trigger to 30. I still don't see why it didn't catch them exiting the car. Here is the mask...

motion 3.png