Motion Detection web GUI Question

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know why it says Continuous in the top left corner even though this channel is on Motion detect?

nvr3.3.4.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's simply the drop-down to use when initially populating / or editing the schedule.
The type in use is denoted by the colour and the associated time grid, which on yours shows motion 24/7.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's simply the drop-down to use when initially populating / or editing the schedule.
The type in use is denoted by the colour and the associated time grid, which on yours shows motion 24/7.
Thank you, yes I have a few channels on motion to accommodate for the lack of the "Dynamic Analysis" feature. Been trying for this feature since 3 firmware ago, not on hdmi either. Hopefully one day we figure this out. Just an awesome and important feature to have, can browse the entire day in a few minutes. Motion only when properly set is not bad either though.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that feature the same as "Smart Search" that Q-See/Dahua has. Even though the cam is on continuous record it allows you to watch through up to 24 hours and only show clips with motion. It starts with a grid where you mark off what areas you want to watch. Works pretty good but it depends on how your motion detects settings are. In fact they had no documentation on it yet. I've called support and some didn't even know what it was. I had to send screenshots to the "expert help desk team".