Motion Detection Selected in Schedule but Constant Record

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got an EmpireTechNVR with 5442 cameras and although I've selected Motion Detection in the schedule, the cameras all continuously record. Not sure what setting I missed, but I think I've checked everything for Motion record and not continuous record. Anyone able to pint me to a hidden menu I've missed?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I would look at the recording setup on the NVR directly not through SmartPSS. I never use it to make settings only for live view and playback/download

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would look at the recording setup on the NVR directly not through SmartPSS. I never use it to make settings only for live view and playback/download
I figured it out, it was that I had to select teach camera channel individually, so I did a copy settings to all.

Ya, I'm not connected to the network the cameras are on, so using SmartPSS is my easiest option that seems to do what I need it to do...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should still be able to reach the NVR the same way SmartPSS does….

Last edited:

jwadsley

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gotcha. OpenVPN is how I reach my remote NVR's
Ya, I was fortunate that the router we are using has OpenVPN installed, so I was able to set that up and then connect on the VPN to hit the IP Address...

Not sure it makes anything any safer with P2P open or not, but since its an HOA and its not only me who needs access, I can't just make it OpenVPN access as I do with my home network...