Motion detection not working - New set up - Dahua NVR5232

Sim24

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and been reading about NVR/security solutions for last few weeks. We are building a new home and I decided to (after reading posts here) go with Dahua based system. I bought Empiretec NVR5232 (thanks Andy) and Empiretech 4k-x 8Mp and Loryata T5442 cameras to get started.
Current set up:
  • Both camera directly connected to NVR and powered through NVR
  • NVR connected to primary router
  • Everything is connected and running as expected

I have set the camera (4k-x)based on what I read on these forums, these setting are done directly on the camera using my laptop on same subnet:
  • Smart plan set to 'face' icon
  • IVS rule set for tripwire
  • Face detection setup and enabled, when a face/vehicle is detected NVR is expected to record for 10 seconds

Right now, if anybody walks infront of camera , i can see a small rectangle which tracks the person but no recording event is generated. I can see the entire recording which is ok but don't see any events ("Motion") under recording section. I am missing some setting somewhere but cant pinpoint. Thanks you for your help.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I am not an expert on the NVR, but I just setup a couple of them and had that same issue. You have to check the yellow motion box as seen below. See if that works for you.

Screenshot 2022-07-18 205908.png

Screenshot 2022-07-18 205819.png

Sim24

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not an expert on the NVR, but I just setup a couple of them and had that same issue. You have to check the yellow motion box as seen below. See if that works for you.

View attachment 133893

View attachment 133894
Oh wow! thanks, that worked. Never looked into this setting. seems like there are multiple places where settings need to be updated. just tried it and one of the cameras picked up motion as expected.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh wow! thanks, that worked. Never looked into this setting. seems like there are multiple places where settings need to be updated. just tried it and one of the cameras picked up motion as expected.
Yes, you need to set that for each channel (camera) The manual only has 390 pages o_O