motion detection is not working as before

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I been using BI for several years, I installed BI several months ago on a new computer and setup all my cameras , I have noticed lately that BI is not recording plenty of what it use to. couple examples ,
1 I walked past one of my cameras dahua 4mp and it did not record me, I was within 6 ft of the camera at one point and within video for at least 6-10 sec (this instance was at night time)
2 was in front of a camera Amcreast 3mp having a conversation with someone and it skipped a portion of the video on 2 occasions in that one 3 minute conversation (this instance was well lit)
settings are the same on all camera, as below
1615454981912.png 1615454830580.png
1615454909392.png

Thanks for any helpful input in this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Switch from Edge Vector to Simple, especially at night.

And uncheck the object detection. That is used when you have too many false triggers and are trying to knock them out. Having that checked by default will cause you to miss lots of triggers. Only use it if you have too many false triggers and then dial it in to your scene and not the default settings. Almost none of my cameras have that checked. One does as I use it to not trigger from headlight glare.

Consider longer pre and post buffers as well.

rebelbah

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Switch from Edge Vector to Simple, especially at night.

And uncheck the object detection. That is used when you have too many false triggers and are trying to knock them out. Having that checked by default will cause you to miss lots of triggers. Only use it if you have too many false triggers and then dial it in to your scene and not the default settings. Almost none of my cameras have that checked. One does as I use it to not trigger from headlight glare.

Consider longer pre and post buffers as well.

Thank you
will adjust when I get back to that unit