Motion and sound alarm after recording

Nick1979

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Apparently last night a burglary in our neighbourhood to place. Sadly I have not activated motion and sound alarms. Is there a smart way to do that with a recording? Going through 8 hours of timeframe is rather lengthly or risky I miss something.
Dahua NVR setup.
Thanks

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can connect a siren to your NVR and turn on the motion detection, is that what you want thou ?

Nick1979

n3wb
Reaction score
you can connect a siren to your NVR and turn on the motion detection, is that what you want thou ?
huh? Not asking to be alarmed when motion is detected, but when looking back at video of a night when there was no motion detection activated in my setup. Is there a way to do that in a smart way instead of real time going through 8 hours of video. Since I can't do at faster speed because of perhaps hearing burglars talking when walking by....

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
dont think there is, unless you have it set to record only when motion is detected.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the future, why not set it up to trigger alerts on the timeline? At least then you have little ticks on a timeline you can jump to, even if recording 24/7