Motion and DIO

secs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been playing with the eval version and it seems great. I will be making use of it in our workshop. I have one question in regards to the IO function. Is it possible to make the system go into say a standby mode using say the sealevel or arduino type IO units?

What I mean is we turn on our alarm as we leave and would like to arm BI to start recording if motion is detected during that time. Should we come back and disarm the alarm we have no need to record at all.

I am open to suggestions on possible alternative solutions or sceneriou's...

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gday from Down Under and welcome to the forums. This is something I am looking into at the moment.

What I am planning to do is use a sealevel DIO linked to the outputs on my alarm. My alarm has outputs that can be set to go active when armed and reset when disarmed, or alternatively to activate when the alarm goes off.

I'm planning to use the camera alerts screen to run a windows command line argument when triggered and a separate argument when the trigger reset. The command line arguments would run batch files which changed the profile in Blue Iris using JsonBI. Profile one would be cameras inactive, profile two would be cameras recording on motion.

I've tested the command line argument side of the house and it works well running each batch file in turn on trigger and trigger reset.