Most energy efficient ptz camera with ir and onvif

NLAnaconda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I build an live streaming PTZ wildcamera powered by a solar panel. It worked perfectly.
But the problem is the solar panel beiing huge (160cm x 100cm).

for a new version I want to try to build a wildcam with a smaller solar panel, ideally one that could fit high in a tree.
So im trying to find the most energy efficient PTZ camera, which is hard with all the manufactors and models and power consumption never as a filter option.

currently I use the Dahua DH-SD49425XB-HNR which I love. It uses 13W in the day and 21W at night with IR.

So do you guys know a the most energy efficient PTZ camera with at least the following specs:
  • PTZ
  • 4x zoom (more the better)
  • 30m infrared (more the better)
  • Onvif support

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
How many watts is the solar panel? Don't have any camera ideas, but maybe you could get a better solar panel or multiple small ones aimed better?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Solar panels are always improving, check the latest & greatest specs vs what you now have.
And since you use the cam at night, assuming you are using the solar to charge a battery. Look into the latest lithium batteries.

NLAnaconda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The current solar panel is 410Wp used together with 2x 100Ah batteries.
Although there might be a better solar panel... Everything starts with energy efficiant hardware. There is much more to gain when using more efficient hardware as there is on the solar panel side. But I want to optimize as much as I can.