More SD4A425DB-HNY captures from the 1st floor. This thing is a beast.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I randomly looked at my PTZ alerts this morning and saw this one. It appears he has noticed the cameras on the front of my house. I think that the fast walker from my first post had noticed as well.

Any recommendations on fixing the soft focus?

1685463580457.png 1685463601586.png 1685463631698.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Every field of view is different. Try it as auto and semi auto and with PFA on and off and different sensitivity levels until you find the right combination.

I would probably drop NR down as well.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I will try those and see what happens. I have also adjusted the schedule for Day/Night since sunrise is much earlier now. Are there any options for Day/Night scheduling yet other than the bars on the camera page?

What is the difference between auto and semi-auto? And what does PFA do?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not yet as we haven't been able to figure out the API.

Auto will mean it is constantly trying to focus whereas semi-auto means it will get a focus and then not change as often - but the field of view and angle and background all come into play as to which one is better.

PFA is Predictive Focus Adjustment which means it is trying to predict the focus based on the movement of the object in relation to the distance to the camera. Again the angle, field of view and background all come into play.

My one PTZ has a wrought iron fence in the background when someone is on the sidewalk and it wreaks havoc on the PFA and auto focus.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense. I will try semi and PFA and see what happens.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I randomly looked at my PTZ alerts this morning and saw this one. It appears he has noticed the cameras on the front of my house. I think that the fast walker from my first post had noticed as well.

Any recommendations on fixing the soft focus?

View attachment 164453 View attachment 164454 View attachment 164455
The other guy notice the camera is understandable as he was relatively close on your side of the street. This guy actually from across the street keep looking back at the camera is a little surprising to me.:)

Reaction score
What would be nice is if you could walk along the street, even on your side, and record the cam movement with say an iPhone or something as you are walking and then post it here for us to see if the movement is really that noticeable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^it's a black dome. I can't even see it tracking me 15 feet away lol. Probably not even 10 feet lol

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
What would be nice is if you could walk along the street, even on your side, and record the cam movement with say an iPhone or something as you are walking and then post it here for us to see if the movement is really that noticeable.
I can try to do that, but it’s not noticeable even if you know what to look for. You might be able to tell at night because of the IR LEDs, but that’s it.

I am guessing he was more just eye ogling everything and not necessarily watching the PTZ following him. If you can’t see it track from my side of the road you definitely aren’t seeing it from the other side of the road.

I will see if I can get a video from the followee’s perspective after my daughter is in bed.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, sorry. I think he was just looking over and all around. He may have been fixated on the PTZ just trying to figure out what it is or just looking in that direction and his eyes looking around.