More questions DAHUA NVR 5216 16P

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Everyone and a special thanks to all those who have helped with information so far.
Still learning using my formula of experimenting + youTube + IP Cam talk.
However, there are things you just cannot seem to find so my 2 current issues are below.

Ive had to turn the power off a couple of times recently and when back on find certain
cameras do not display, having changed from onvif to private and have one that seems to
have the password missing, all easy to change back, but can't be having this all the time.
Surely if the configuration is saved, IT'S SAVED ??

and (probably after power being cut - thinking bout it), started noticing low res picture
quality (hdmi output to tv), the feed being on subfeed-S1. Changed back to M-mainfeed only
to find it seems to automatically switch back to S1 after a while but sometimes straight away.

WHY?
if anybody can shed some light?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I have encountered exactly the same on your first case - an accidential power loss did "kill" 4 out of 8 IPCs behind the POE. By no means they appeared, not in SmartPSS, not in the WebGUI (Web service of the NVR). As I thought my NVR was dying, I attached a VGA monitor, and there it was: "incorrect password" on the channel windows. Why it didn't show it on webinterface nor smartPSS is unknown to me. Logging in directly to the cams (eg http://NVR-IP:10080) gave immediately the IPC setup wizard (eg setting email account for recovery and new password). Having set the original NVR password did autoconnect everything. Since then I rebooted a couple of times (no power cut), and they keep on working now. To avoid power losses, I've put a UPS in between all stuff.

Hope this helps!
CC

steve hollis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Actually my problem has escalated tonight as looking at the three higher resolution cameras I have, they are very grainy indeed obviously running at a lower resolution despite being set up on high resolution and on the main M feed. Then I thought the actual NVR itself output to HDMI might have changed, checked and no it’s on high setting and 30 frames per second.

Why would this be? I’m sure they’re all related, maybe it’s something to do with bandwidth?