MoonCity f225 and Blue Iris

plfinch

n3wb
Reaction score
Picked up a cheap MoonCity camera from Amazon a year or two ago. On install, it looked to be dependent upon custom app (MIPC on ios) and cloud services so I set it it on a shelf where it has sat...

I needed a replacement camera so pulled it out today and set it up for testing. It works fine through their app but I saw no configuration settings on the app or device itself (port 80 admin) for streaming setup. A port scan revealed no rtsp or any other open ports, just ftp and http. Using a browser in Windows requires download of an unsigned mme.exe plug-in file which Windows blocks execution. The adminweb interface identifies the model as f225. It looks like the camera is made by a subsidiary of Shenzhen Mine Technology Co, and the MAC vendor shows as Ralink Technology, Corp.

Wondering if there is a way to add these to Blue Iris. Auto-detect did not find anything. I am guessing this camera is part of some clone family so maybe there is alternate firmware that can be installed that is more useful for my purchase?

Peter