Modem tuning help

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a dialup modem sound sample to use as a ringtone. At the moment I'm using "Idiot Wind" for all the spam calls that I get and ignore.
I had the Nokia ringtone when my boss called me for a while. :lmao:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I just had a Centurylink tech come into the Condo and setup a two pairs of copper DSL internet. He had to drive back up the street to enable the pairs. now we got blazing fast 21 Mbps down on each line with 1.5 Mbps UP. it's showing both lines in the router gui and shows the total as roughly 42Mbps/3.1Mbps Up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just had a Centurylink tech come into the Condo and setup a two pairs of copper DSL internet. He had to drive back up the street to enable the pairs. now we got blazing fast 21 Mbps down on each line with 1.5 Mbps UP. it's showing both lines in the router gui and shows the total as roughly 42Mbps/3.1Mbps Up.
Good for you!
Now cross your fingers, sacrifice a goat or something and pray that it's 50x more reliable than the CenturyCrap they serve up here in NW Alabama....$78 / mo. for 1.5M down, data only, no voice...it's akin to two Dixie cups (or Solo cups) and some string...:confused:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah this bldg was built in 73-74 when copper was king. but Cable TV providers were getting a foot hold in the Metro, and with some foresight, it built into the infrastructure telling me " it was a thing" by then.
Wasn't my doing. The Homowners assciation in their infinite wisdom chose the phone company. they ignorantly did 2 installs. one in the exercise room and one directly above it in the Social room. I could save them one subscription, if they just put up an AP, but they aren't tech minded folks. Later when they start complaining about the bill, I'll suggest it.

Last edited: