Mobile BI and Laptop BI

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I understand this correctly. If you want to connect remotely with mobile you need BI app and if you want to connect with laptop remotely you need to buy another key.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, you can connect remotely with the BI server's web server, called UI3, with a PC or laptop's browser or a smart phone or tablet's browser, no app needed.

If you want to receive push notifications from the BI server to your mobile you'd need the BI app on your smart phone or tablet. You'd also need the BI app on your mobile if you wanted to have 2 way talk with cameras that provide that feature.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can use "Windows Remote Desktop" to access with a remote laptop if you have VLAN setup or Zerotier etc. You can also use Chrome Remote Desktop.
TonyR beat me to it.... UI3 great also but I like the full access myself.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am running SmartPSS now with a vpn server. Just looking at BI to see what it takes. I have 1 client for the phone and three client for the computers at different locations that I look at camera's.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
UI3--- I can connect with LAN but can not through WAN what am I missing?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
UI3--- I can connect with LAN but can not through WAN what am I missing?
Read [mention]looney2ns [/mention] post above. You’ll need to setup a VPN or open ports on your router - which is not typically recommended for security reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am running a VPN server/client setup. I can connect with my phone but not my laptop. Both are clients that I have used for a couple of years with Smart PSS.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Please give us more detail on your network design, what VPN are you running, what url your clients who can’t access UI3 over the wan are using etc. So that we can try and help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been running VPN server on a Asus router with OpenVPN for almost 3 years with SmartPss. On BI I can connect on LAN but when I try to connect with the IP address from the webserver WAN on my phone that is setup as a client it says nothing found.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been running VPN server on a Asus router with OpenVPN for almost 3 years with SmartPss. On BI I can connect on LAN but when I try to connect with the IP address from the webserver WAN on my phone that is setup as a client it says nothing found.
On the phone, put the LAN IP also where it asks for WAN IP.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR.

OK, Once you connect to your VPN server you put the same LAN IP address in. Now if I can only get my PTZ controls to work on UI3.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks TonyR.
Now if I can only get my PTZ controls to work on UI3.
You're welcome!
Do the PTZ controls for that PTZ cam work OK from the BI console?
In UI3 when a PTZ is selected, does the PTZ compass show up on the upper left of UI3's screen when the "live view" tab is selected?

Last edited: