Missing seconds in playback

PsychTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new both to this site and to setting up CCTV systems, and have a question that I need answering asap!

I have recently been trying to set up a test CCTV loop using two Hikvision PTZ 2MP 20x Compact Network IP Camera 1080P full HD PoE DS-2DE4220-AE3 e-series mini speed domes, an NVR and normal windows laptop.I have got the system up and running and you can see the footage both on the computer and the monitor I have connected. I can record and playback too using the remote playback on I-VMS 4200.

However, when I downloaded two synchronised files (footage from each camera of the same event- a light flashing on and off), which I synchronised using the sync button at the bottom of the playback window, there was a second missing from one of the videos. The footage jumped from 52 to 54 seconds on one camera.

It is vitallyimportant that the video files recorded are 100%synchronised as the footage is being used in a psychological experiment to codelooking (which happens very fast).
Does anyone know why/how this happened and how to avoid itin the future? Every frame/second needs to be in the footage and synchronised betweenall cameras.

I would be really grateful if you could help as I can’t findanything about it and need to get it working before the end of the week!

Thanks!
Joe