Missing alerts, but clips are long

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems like one of my cameras(LPR) lost it's alert recordings and records only clips, ranging from 20 to over an hour clips.
I have compared the settings, with other cameras and I don't notice any difference.
What I'm missing here?
Recording in CBR.
Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like one of my cameras(LPR) lost it's alert recordings and records only clips, ranging from 20 to over an hour clips.
I have compared the settings, with other cameras and I don't notice any difference.
What I'm missing here?
Recording in CBR.
Any help would be appreciated.
Blue iris doesnt record alerts. Alerts are simply pointers to clips.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
What is interesting that, when I select Alerts, the list is empty. Before, it used to have an alert list. Every other camera has the alert list populated. Also the recordings use to be a few seconds, now they are like 22 minutes, 1.23 minutes and so on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is interesting that, when I select Alerts, the list is empty. Before, it used to have an alert list. Every other camera has the alert list populated. Also the recordings use to be a few seconds, now they are like 22 minutes, 1.23 minutes and so on.
ensure capture alert list image is selected in the trigger tab. As far as the length of the clip, see combine and cut in the record tab.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the capture alert list checked. Combine and cut is set to 8 hrs, 0 mins and 4GB. Same as other cameras.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
The thing is, that every other camera has the same settings, and those have the alerts and this one does not. I believe, that is the default setting.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is, that every other camera has the same settings, and those have the alerts and this one does not. I believe, that is the default setting.
The alerts have nothing to do with the clip length. I dont know why you dont have alerts for that cam. Try rebuilding the database.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
How you do that?
Recently I have swapped drives for BI, like I have placed the DB and NEW to C drive, because I had it on D drive, but then I have put them back, because it wasn't recording at all.
Maybe this swap created these issues. Now they back to the D drive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How you do that?
Recently I have swapped drives for BI, like I have placed the DB and NEW to C drive, because I had it on D drive, but then I have put them back, because it wasn't recording at all.
Maybe this swap created these issues. Now they back to the D drive.
Best thing to do is to close BI, delete the DB folder and restart it so it rebuilds itself.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Camera has a triangle at the right upper corner, also in BI lower right corner.
I see a message Reinstall service to remove BluIrisService.exe dependency
Another error message: Service is running as LocalSystem: see Administration for Help

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you delete the database and rebuild it, it ay allow for new alerts, But you will loose all your current alerts. You will not loose the video files.

Test
1) make sure the calendar is on todays date.
2) Right click on the live video of the camera with the problem.
3) click on the Trigger now option in the drop down.
4) does this trigger an alert ?

The blue Isis service should be running as a standalone user with the correct privileges, not the local system user. There are a number of posts on doing this.
=========================================

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not home now, but I know that if I click on the Trigger now, it will trigger.
Deleting the DB, is pretty much just delete everything from the folder?
Good idea with the date, I will have to check that.
I will have to find those threads.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If trigger now works to create an alert, then your problem is with the configuration of your alerts on that camera. Not the database.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using the camera to generate alerts to BI. Or are you using BI to generate the motion alerts ?

Go walk in front the the camera , does it generate an alert, Is there a motion detection in BI log ? If not then you do not have it configured correctly

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have deleted the camera in BI, reinstalled it, and now it's working great.
Thank you for the help.