Mini PTZ V2 Suddenly Stopped Cold

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After a week of bench testing with everything working as expected and firmware updated as per friends on this forum last night my Huisun Mini PTZ V2 froze in the middle of a pan to the left. Now, after several futal attempts with 2 different methods of known working POE (injector and switch) I am stumped. The camera does nothing when power is applied. It does not "home" as it did. Nothing happens. The camera does not show in SADP but the webpage does show. (See attached printscreen). I've contacted Melissa at Monitech where the camera was purchased. I have a 2015 Huisun PTZ that has been working for a while now perfectly. At this point I wish I'd stayed away from the new product. I see no benefits yet, especially at this point. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Remnkemi

n3wb
Reaction score
Whenever I got a network anomaly error, it was always because of bad wiring. It turned out to be the ethernet plug that I crimped wrong. Once I fixed that, the error went away. It's strange that the camera worked fine for a little while, and it would find an ip address but then loose the ip address. Logically, if I used a faulty cable, it should not have worked or given me an ip to begin with. But that doesn't seem to be how this works.

I would first try a new cable. Then I would try different injectors and/or switches. (After I fixed my cable, I soon found out the injector I used couldn't keep up. I ordered a new poe switch and that problem went away.) Don't waste your time with the sellers. I contacted my seller and they only solution they offered was for me to give them my Windows user name and password so they can remote in and look at the problem. When I told them that I'm not going to compromise a PC used for security, they simply ignored all my requests.

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. As my post states I have tried 2 separate POE sources, a POE injector and a POE switch that I'm not using anymore. Both will power other devices and worked with my other PTZ before going with gigabit devices exclusively. I also tried other cables and re-tested the cables I'm using with a cable tester. I think I've covered those bases. the camera does nothing when powered. Before this it would cycle through its "homing" cycle and go to a position. None of that happens now.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you say "the webpage does show", but are you able to login and browse the interface?
you may just be seeing a browser-cached login page, but if you've got more than that,
then the cam is clearly getting power and 'alive' to some extent...

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right firmware update for version 1 or 2? Camera have a hiccup while updating firmware? Bad cables? Damaged cable end on camera? Try a POE+ for more power. Try a reset of camera (not a reboot).

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right firmware update for version 1 or 2? Camera have a hiccup while updating firmware? Bad cables? Damaged cable end on camera? Try a POE+ for more power. Try a reset of camera (not a reboot).
How can reset? The camera has no reset button,does not appear in SADP.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
you say "the webpage does show", but are you able to login and browse the interface?
you may just be seeing a browser-cached login page, but if you've got more than that,
then the cam is clearly getting power and 'alive' to some extent...
Poster is correct, some browser does cache the login page so you probably are just seeing a last cached page from that ip address.

It possible that PoE circuity died. Do you have a power supply you can test it with? If it works then you will need to buy a injector that take power from PoE and split it to a standard power plug.

Bill

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try a different browser or ping the IP to get a response. Seems to me these have shoddy poe circuits. Might also need poe splitter to power cam.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah. my money's on the PoE circuit took a dump. try an external power supply...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
We only seen POE fail in v2, perhaps they have a bad batch of the POE boards...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My 10x v1 had the POE board fail last week. I've been going back and forth for about a week now with them trying to work something out as I'd sure as heck like to get it fixed (without paying half the price it cost me to begin with to send it back).

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welp, must of been the injectors fault... damn things are out to get your Huisun

/sarcasm

scguy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I've already tried all the suggestions before the first post except clearing cache or using alternate browser. I'm pretty sure its dead. I've only had it less than a week. I think I'll go the warranty route. We live, we learn. Thanks again!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I've already tried all the suggestions before the first post except clearing cache or using alternate browser. I'm pretty sure its dead. I've only had it less than a week. I think I'll go the warranty route. We live, we learn. Thanks again!
BTW, what injector did you use when it was plugged in for a week

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try using an external power supply (bypass POE) and see what you get. I have a V2 that will not power with POE.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I used this injector. http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/cat-4794_TL-POE150S.html#overview Plenty of available power I think. I have also tried a separate 12 volt 2A power. Same results,nothing!
Good to know. Btw the POE board is easily accessible, so you could try requesting them to ship you a new board and try replacing it yourself. I haven't done that, I am just using active injector as suggested above without having to add any additional power source and it does the job.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
interesting how the spec sheet says that camera needs 18w but that poe board has printed on it 15w