Mini PTZ not working with Dahua NVR?

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
Picked up a Dahua NVR from a friend. Currently have the Mini PTZ Huisun gen 2 cameras. When I plug the cameras into the poe NVR, they do their startup dance (tilting, moving, etc) then there is no video feed.

Cannot login to cameras with my computer, as I only have a macbook air (no ethernet port) Any ideas?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Man I hope this isn't a general issue I think other have had these cases on dahua nvrs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it working. The nvr was assigning the same address to all the cameras. Had to use a friends laptop to connect the Ethernet from the computer to nvr and run ivms. Was able to change the ip of the cameras from there.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah that could possibly get me to use one if I can view and control it via SmartPSS on OSX and through the NVR's API.. dunno where id use it, I guess I could put it upside down on my chimney and use it to watch the weather/mountains and sky :)

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah that could possibly get me to use one if I can view and control it via SmartPSS on OSX and through the NVR's API.. dunno where id use it, I guess I could put it upside down on my chimney and use it to watch the weather/mountains and sky :)
I'll let you know if I get full functionality when mine gets here.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it working. The nvr was assigning the same address to all the cameras. Had to use a friends laptop to connect the Ethernet from the computer to nvr and run ivms. Was able to change the ip of the cameras from there.
I can't get my nvr to detect my camera. I can log in through Web ui changed the default ip address. Nvr still doesn't pick it up. Please explain in dummy terms how you got yours to work

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get my nvr to detect my camera. I can log in through Web ui changed the default ip address. Nvr still doesn't pick it up. Please explain in dummy terms how you got yours to work

I'll try, I'm still a beginner myself.

You have the IP address of the camera.

Go to your NVR and add a camera.

Type the IP address, ports and username/password that belong to your camera.

Should be working at this point.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try, I'm still a beginner myself.

You have the IP address of the camera.

Go to your NVR and add a camera.

Type the IP address, ports and username/password that belong to your camera.

Should be working at this point.
Doesn't work for me. What port did you have it set for? Mind sending me screenshots? Anyone know why my pics go sideways?

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My v2 works with my Dahua (Eyesurv). Ptz and zoom works too. So far it's the only way I can hit it from outside my network. I'm still struggling with the port forwarding on my mini ptz.

Was the sideways picture taken with an iPhone?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My v2 works with my Dahua (Eyesurv). Ptz and zoom works too. So far it's the only way I can hit it from outside my network. I'm still struggling with the port forwarding on my mini ptz.

Was the sideways picture taken with an iPhone?
Note5. I can't get the nvr to recognize,the camera period.

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
Note5. I can't get the nvr to recognize,the camera period.

There's your problem. When adding the camera there is a drop down list for the brand, choose Hikvision. Enter your camera ip, username and password. Leave the ports alone, the Hikvision default ports are correct for this camera.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's your problem. When adding the camera there is a drop down list for the brand, choose Hikvision. Enter your camera ip, username and password. Leave the ports alone, the Hikvision default ports are correct for this camera.
Hikvision not an option

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I'll start over. I'll set the camera to default and try again. Now when I change the default ip address should I change it to the nvr settings or the settings the nvr is assigning the existing cameras?

Chaddy5552

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I'll start over. I'll set the camera to default and try again. Now when I change the default ip address should I change it to the nvr settings or the settings the nvr is assigning the existing cameras?

You had the IP correct, when you see the green dot it means the NVR connected to the camera. Just the ports were wrong.