Migrating from Blue Iris 3 to Blue Iris 5

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an old system still on Blue Iris 3. I built a new computer and installed Blue Iris 5 on it. Is there a way to transfer all my settings from BI3 to BI5? I've exported my settings from BI3 (settings>about menu). But it exports as a .reg file and doesn't do anything when I try to import it into BI5.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an old system still on Blue Iris 3. I built a new computer and installed Blue Iris 5 on it. Is there a way to transfer all my settings from BI3 to BI5? I've exported my settings from BI3 (settings>about menu). But it exports as a .reg file and doesn't do anything when I try to import it into BI5.
as far as I know, that SHOULD do it for you. Its worked for me in the past iirc. been a while since my last HW upgrade though

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There have been soo many changes that I would recommended doing it clean from the start. The primary issue you will have is moving a 32 bit install to 64. The registry locations are different.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There have been soo many changes that I would recommended doing it clean from the start. The primary issue you will have is moving a 32 bit install to 64. The registry locations are different.
Ok. I'll just rebuild from scratch. Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Five years ago for lack of better methods with v3 created in 2015 I just did screen shots of 12 cameras' Video configurations and IP addresses.
Sure, it's all manual re-entry into v5 5 years later but no trial and error, no IP guessing and it worked.........VERY old school. :cool: