Mic/Speaker/doorbell combination for 2132F-IS ?

Zak

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received a brand new 2132F-IS and looks like a nice piece of electronics. My previous cams have been dahuas but but now wanted to try Hik because of more sophisticated sw. The main function of this camera is security and surveillance. This Hik is going to watch my whole front yard where there are amongst others my front and garage doors and my cars parked. Because the camera will be installed only 10ft from the front door my plan is to use it as intercom camera also.

My idea is to have a speaker/mic combination next to the front door to communicate with the visitor(s) by using 2132. And also maybe integrated doorbell (or trigger button) to trigger door bell, give signal to 2132 to do … something ... and give signal to home automation (like put the porch lights on if there is dark outside, turn down my ”disco",...). Do not need to hear/speak from distance and therefore preamplified stuff is not needed. Or maybe speaker could be so loud that I can roar to uninvited night sneakers to get the fck off my yard.

Home automation support side is ready for action. I definitely do not want those crappy intercom gadgets. And I definitely do not want to use a fortune to this. Basically a small passive speaker and a small mic should do it and cost only few bucks and a doorbell trigger even less. Maybe separate small mic, speaker and doorbell trigger which I integrate in metal plate(?)

Questions to you my fellow enthusiasts:
1) Any ideas how to make this,
2) Are there ready made solutions, and who sells/makes these,
3) Any other interesting ideas to expand the idea/usage (even more nerdy things ...)

-Zak from Finland

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Zak There are several threads on hooking a mic to that camera...
As far as speaker, it cannot be passive, you will need to power any speaker you use..

Last edited by a moderator:

Zak

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for the answer. So it seems that there are many sound related threads. Did not do the search carefully enough. Sorry about that.

But you know these mic/sound/alarm connections and the solutions are very essential part of modern Hik cameras and therefore I suggest you fenderman that you make one stick thread only for this subject. Would be much easier to handle and search. I bet there are a lot of ppl scratching their heads on this. The first message of the chain would be admin edited/updated collection of instructions and links to manuals and products and solutions that are very useful and should be read by everyone starting their own projects.