Memory utilisation

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I appear to have most of my memory in use even though it doesn't seem to show up being used by individual tasks. Recent BI updates have included solving memory leaks. Is this likely to be related or completely different? I am (obviously) not an expert. Rebooting the PC initially reduces the memory used a lot but then it progressively increases. BI and CPAI are up to date and the PC never crashes. Sorry if this is a topic that's been explained previously.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 120345.pngScreenshot 2022-12-06 120616.png

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh OK thanks anotherone. Having extremely limited IT knowledge, I’ve entered your cause into my browser for guidance on how to fix it. Fingers crossed but not super confident.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Didn't get too far actioning anotherone's message until I updated BI and noted the non-paged pool and overall memory utilisation is now far less. I also noted that, according to 'Processes' in Task Manager, adding together all the memory used by tasks is less than 2.5GB - very much less than 'In use' in 'Performance'. I then saw a link to 'Resource Monitor'. Despite not showing up in Processes, I think maybe this shows the memory use I was looking for appears in 'Commit KB)' for 'python.exe'.

Is all of this normal?

Screenshot 2022-12-09 125742.pngScreenshot 2022-12-09 130052.png