Memory creeping on Intel Graphics 530

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm curious as to if anyone has seen a difference between the clean fresh install with Microsoft Media Creation Tool versus what @CCTVCam posted in this thread - did it accomplish the same thing; was one easier or faster than the other; was anything lost doing it on an established machine (like did BI get corrupt or disappear), etc.?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing is faster than dism that I've found. Trust me and ask Looney. Once you have Windows on the traditional way, which takes multiple reboots and usually about 1/2 an hour you then need to start installing drivers and adding back your apps etc. In my experience that usually takes days. Try then doing a system scan afterwards and often ater adding backing the updates you'll find reports of system file errors of some kind or another. Windows Update is really good at corrupting files / making duplicate registry entries in my experience.

DISM.exe literally re-installs Windows complete with all updates and leaving drivers and Apps intact within a few minutes as it does some kind of in situ replacement. Not sure how, you'd have to ask MS that. However, it's a corporate / professioanl tool and it's built into Windows commands, so not intended for consumer use. It's much faster than trying to re-install Windows any other way except perhaps similar to system restore. Howver, we all know how well that works! As said before, it downloads an up-to-date copy of a Windows Image and does some kind of restore function with it. However, the image coming from MS is clean and error free despite having all the updatesin situ. That as well as the speed is a great advantage. I've tried every method in the past. I even have a copy of Storage Craft Shadow Protect which is a corporate level imaging tool and excellent if very very complex. However, I'd say dism is faster than that, way faster and you're not risking having saved an already corrupted Windows image.

However, feel free to use whatever method suits you best. I've tried many and in my experience this is the best. There's a reason it's designed for corporate / pro use. I never use Storage Craft now except as a backup for my documents.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@looney2ns... I turned off Intel +VPP hardware acceleration last night as a test. RAM utilization remained steady overnight at 2.5MB. Additionally, with the use of sub streams, my CPU was only about 12% higher with my 12-camera setup. I'll keep monitoring today and report back this evening. I may try the Intel HA tonight and see if the issue lies with Intel +VPP.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@looney2ns I've noticed with the last couple of releases that memory leaks seem to be fixed, at least for me.

As I stated previously, I was using Intel +VPP HA and then changed it to either Intel or Intel Beta and the leak stopped. With the latest couple of releases, I have re-tested all three Intel HA settings and all three don't show memory leaks.

Interesting note... prior to the last few releases, when using Intel +VPP, the HA camera status showed "I2" as the status. Now when selecting Intel +VPP it shows "I" for all three Intel HA settings.

Have you tried the most current release yet?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still using 5.3.6.7 on the problem system, as I have 5.3.7.13 on my home system and seeing weird issues with it, as regards to video's pausing, and then videos running fast.

I think I "might" have cured the problem system. I went all Judy Chop on it yesterday, and went through everything once again, I suspect that Windows security was not honoring one or more of the exclusions as the issue. It seems to have settled down now, and hopefully will continue. I found a forum that was discussing the exemptions not working correctly.

If ever you need some Judy Chop, here are the lessons. ;)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If ever you need some Judy Chop, here are the lessons. ;)

[/QUOTE]
What language was this in? :) ( the You Tube video)

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Unfortunately, memory is still leaking for me with any recent release.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is too, I jumped the gun.
Working with support on this.
I'm beginning to think it's a problem with the Elitedesk . No proof, just a gut feeling.
Mine is Lenovo Mine stay around 10 gb all the time..

1610999386462.png

I just did not worry since I have plenty of ram available but not sure if you are already on to something on this However I do have lot of cameras though running off course substream for view and mainstream is recording.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
he said Elite Desk....gulp.....( john looks at his New/used elitedesk oh boy here we go)
I wonder if the graphics portion of the processor is acting up in some kind of heat related way?
just a wild speculation.