Memory creeping on Intel Graphics 530

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@CCTVCam you still have an extra space on the 3rd step between the / and startcomponentcleanup

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
@CCTVCam you still have an extra space on the 3rd step between the / and startcomponentcleanup
Well spotted and corrected thanks. My typing isn't the best and I have a keyboard on which the firmware has corrupted so it often either misses letters or types the wrong ones. Planning on replacing it when I build my new main pc, currently on hold due to corona. Luckily been saving for several years so financially possible but corona has somewhat put a spoke in the wheel atm.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
After seeing these posts and noticed some ghosting in a few clips which I hadn’t noticed before I thought I’d install the 8681 drivers. Downloaded them from Intel and they refused to install on my HP 600 G2 stating that they were not compatible, so I got the latest version from HP, installed them and restarted and now I can’t connect to the BI PC.

Too late in the evening to climb into the loft but it looks like the cams are working but I can’t remote into it to check. DOH, as they say if it ain’t broke don’t ......

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I have ran @CCTVCam command recommendation. It ran without issue, and found no errors. It did not bring Windows up to the current version, it's still at 1909. Windows Update still shows many updates awaiting.
I installed the same .8681 video driver @VorlonFrog is running.
Now we wait and see. :)

My own pc is on 1909. Do you / him have update pause set? I'm guessing that's what it could be. Mine are paused.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My own pc is on 1909. Do you / him have update pause set? I'm guessing that's what it could be. Mine are paused.
Yes, updates were paused.
I unpaused, and of course updates immediately started happening. Computer has now been offline for 3+ hrs.
Will have to wait until someone gets home there to see what's up.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, updates were paused.
I unpaused, and of course updates immediately started happening. Computer has now been offline for 3+ hrs.
Will have to wait until someone gets home there to see what's up.
I'm going to hazard a guess that if you ran it without updates paused you'd probably get a later version. Question is do you want untested updates by running it unpaused? I'm guessing not if you have them paused.

If PC is still offline, doesn't sound like a Win issue. You could try running dism again. I've had occassions where something on the pc corrupted Win again without hours and I had to run it 3 times to get a version that stayed clean. I blame Win here as the 3rd time it stayed as it wa supposed to. Can't remmber if I blocked an update to achieve it. In this instance it sounds more like a BI Issue. Memory leaks are usually software. Have you tried an earlier known good version of BI or tried contacting their support guy to see if they can reproduce it?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm still experiencing this while testing the last 5 releases. I've reverted back to 5.3.6.7, which is the last stable release, and see if the leak stops.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to hazard a guess that if you ran it without updates paused you'd probably get a later version. Question is do you want untested updates by running it unpaused? I'm guessing not if you have them paused.

If PC is still offline, doesn't sound like a Win issue. You could try running dism again. I've had occassions where something on the pc corrupted Win again without hours and I had to run it 3 times to get a version that stayed clean. I blame Win here as the 3rd time it stayed as it wa supposed to. Can't remmber if I blocked an update to achieve it. In this instance it sounds more like a BI Issue. Memory leaks are usually software. Have you tried an earlier known good version of BI or tried contacting their support guy to see if they can reproduce it?
It was hung on an update. Back online now.
Anyone know if this computer will boot from a USB thumb drive without changing the boot order in the BIOS first?
HP EliteDesk G2 -I7-6700.
Stay tuned.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You can try either ESC or F9 but USB boot has to be enabled in the BIOS.

On some HP machines you can remotely set the BIOS settings, on my 600 G2 I can enable/disable settings in the BIOS from within W10, using a HP BIOS utility.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm still experiencing this while testing the last 5 releases. I've reverted back to 5.3.6.7, which is the last stable release, and see if the leak stops.
It's been about 12 hours and memory usage is staying steady.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's been about 12 hours and memory usage is staying steady.
Sometime overnight and this morning, memory usage went way up and never recovered. During that time I had several alerts but was not using BI console, UI3 or the iOS app. I'm at a loss really.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 10.23.52 AM.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, after all the updating of Win10PRO to latest ver, and drivers, and updating BI to 5.3.6.7, nothing has changed. Still have memory creep at the same rate as I did at the start of this journey.
How much is it worth to you all to see an HP Elitedesk G2, thrown into the street, then repeatedly ran over by a 4X4 truck. ;)

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, after all the updating of Win10PRO to latest ver, and drivers, and updating BI to 5.3.6.7, nothing has changed. Still have memory creep at the same rate as I did at the start of this journey.
How much is it worth to you all to see an HP Elitedesk G2, thrown into the street, then repeatedly ran over by for 4X4 truck. ;)
I’m with you @looney2ns, this is beyond frustrating and it doesn’t seem specific to one particular Intel display driver.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've tried around 15 different Intel Drivers, all with the same exact result.
I made Ken aware when I first started noticing it a few weeks ago. He didn't seem to think it was a BI issue.