Memory creeping on Intel Graphics 530

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I was having the same issue on my Dell optiplex 7040 with 48gb of ram. Still does it, but only when running as an app. As a service it never has the issue. I'm sure you've tried that by now, but just in case ...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Not too sure if I’ve posted this before but I use an i5-6500 and don’t have the issue, using the intel vid drivers v27.20.100.9416 dated 24/03/2021.

I’ve had issues with other versions but mostly to do with ghosting/ smearing, don’t think I’ve ever had a resource type issue.

Edit: Running W10 21H2 with the latest updates installed, 16Gb and running headless with no screen connected.

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Just a thought looney, before it goes into a canal... if it's running a small load of camera's, Had you given any thought to dropping back to an i5-6500? I'm sure you have money and time invested in the i7-6700 setup. it'd be another $85-90 to try it. but then again thats nearly 1/3rd of the way to an HP elitedesk SFF.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Or have you tried disabling Intel turbo boost so it's not jumping around between cores and Speeds? from what i've learned, If you go into Advanced Power management under Power options and set the max CPU %age to 99 it stops Intel power boost from kicking in.
Just one more thing to try. I did it on my i7-8700 Dell Precision, after looking around on Dell Support for CPU fan revs up. But it also keeps heat down, and if your chip is on the edge of being flaky it could a borderline thermal issue. if it cools down, it might stabilze.
Free to try.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Resetting the BIOS to defaults is also a good shout.

That’s the first thing I did after getting my desktop, got it used so you never know what the previous person set/changed.

If the desktop does end up in the canal/river/levy take the CPU out and post it over to the UK where I’ll happily give it a stress free home and life

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or have you tried disabling Intel turbo boost so it's not jumping around between cores and Speeds? from what i've learned, If you go into Advanced Power management under Power options and set the max CPU %age to 99 it stops Intel power boost from kicking in.
Just one more thing to try. I did it on my i7-8700 Dell Precision, after looking around on Dell Support for CPU fan revs up. But it also keeps heat down, and if your chip is on the edge of being flaky it could a borderline thermal issue. if it cools down, it might stabilze.
Free to try.
Interesting, no I had not tried that.

Resetting the BIOS to defaults is also a good shout.

That’s the first thing I did after getting my desktop, got it used so you never know what the previous person set/changed.

If the desktop does end up in the canal/river/levy take the CPU out and post it over to the UK where I’ll happily give it a stress free home and life
Good point, no I had not thought of doing that either. Although I have been through the BiOs more than once checking things. And the BIOs has been updated.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I scored an Elitedesk G4 SFF, i5-8500, 256gb M.2 drive, 1tb HDD, 16GB ram for $189 shipped last night on fleabay. So I'll give this another go and see what fun and games we can have this go around.
I'll have it in my grubby hands to give it a proper burn in period for 3 weeks, before taking it to my daughters.

tbaygents

n3wb
Reaction score
This has been my entire life with BI also. Cannot find the issues and it results in a slow leak over 4 days in which I reset the PC. Did the new computer fix it?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is does the manufacturers BIOS update include any type of video bios update? For my HP there was a CPU microcode update, which I read about and then never applied as from I read it slowed the CPU down.

Can’t really see why an Intel chip with the 530 video behaves so differently between systems especially given that you’ve tried using the exact same video drivers that I and others have suggested.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
@looney2ns @tbaygents His new computer fixed it. I havent heard him on the forums posting that it was FUBAR....so yeah
I got the same computer about a year and a half ago....and after a clean install of windows using media creation tool, and getting a graphics driver link from Fenderman its been 99.9% stable.