Mean while from the People's Republik of Kalifornia

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"100% entrapment, isn't there any real crimes they could try to stop. "

"What investigation? Pulling random people over to try and give them a citation is not an investigation. THAT IS ENTRAPMENT! "

Uber Driver Exposes Undercover Cops Trying To Trap Other Drivers

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Call me dense, my wife does, what would the citation be for? Stopping at the curb?
iirc, Uber Lyft are not considered Taxi Cab services as you have to "call them" on your app. ( thus why the question about the mobile phone working or not... )
Taxi services meanwhile are allowed to pick up random people on the street.

Uber and Lyft disrupt the traditional Taxi service model and those who are economically impacted by it send in the enforcers. ( instead of for example having the enforcers protect the stores that were looted in Los Angeles, or putting more resources tracking down gang offenders )

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, we got car jacking, drug dealing, residential burglary, purse snatching, shoplifting, public urination and defecation, panhandling, loitering, yada yada yada but when you set out to entrap something like Uber drivers for a traffic violation, that's pretty sad, IMO.... Got nothing better to do, I guess.

Don't misread me...I LOVE cops, support 'em and am VERY glad we have them. They're likely doing what they've been told to do.