McAfee Security Center and BI modile app?

RonK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I posted this in trouble shooting but probably should have posted here...

Hi, I've had BI working on an Windows XP machine for some time and could access my cameras via the BI iOS app remotely with no problems. I've recently purchased a bigger machine with Windows 8 and it came with McAfee Security center ver 13.0. Everything works except I cannot connect with the iOS mobile app, meaning I can no longer get to my cameras via the BI mobile app. I've narrowed it down to the McAfee firewall. When I turn it off, everything works fine. On, not so much:) As I don't want to keep my firewall off indefinitely, I've been trying to figure out how to enable a rule to allow my mobile app to get past it but no luck. Anyone have ANY idea how to configure McAfee Security Center ver 13.0 so BI mobile app connects? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I posted this in trouble shooting but probably should have posted here...

Hi, I've had BI working on an Windows XP machine for some time and could access my cameras via the BI iOS app remotely with no problems. I've recently purchased a bigger machine with Windows 8 and it came with McAfee Security center ver 13.0. Everything works except I cannot connect with the iOS mobile app, meaning I can no longer get to my cameras via the BI mobile app. I've narrowed it down to the McAfee firewall. When I turn it off, everything works fine. On, not so much:) As I don't want to keep my firewall off indefinitely, I've been trying to figure out how to enable a rule to allow my mobile app to get past it but no luck. Anyone have ANY idea how to configure McAfee Security Center ver 13.0 so BI mobile app connects? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron
You need to allow blue iris though the firewall...there are basic instructions in the help file under networking..

RonK

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the BI entry for "Internet connections for Programs" on McAfee. I've also got the port forwarded. There is something else I need to do for McAfee I didn't have to do with Norton. The 'basic instructions' are just that ... basic ... networking 101. Like I said, this is specific to McAfee that was not turned on. Works fine with Norton.

RonK

n3wb
Reaction score
I fixed it by changing the port and adding another entry in the "ports and system services". McAfee is a little more sensitive than Norton apparently.