Max Size and Max Area in Hikvision

chin487

n3wb
Reaction score
HI All,

I use DS-2CD3027G2E-LUF IP camera and am trying to setup intrusion detection. Most of the help guides mentioned it with Minimum Size and Maximum Size. But in my settings, i see only Minimum Area and Maximum Area. Please let me know what the difference is between the two and how can i reduce the false alarms with it.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Open up with internet explorer or edge with ie mode. Most likely you are missing what usually plugin contain.

chin487

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried that too. I found out. When i logged in to camera via virtual host, then i see Max Size and Min size. But within NVR portal i see only Max Area and Min Area either by camera or NVR.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its not the same when you access camera rules over NVR and accessing directly. It vastly depends on NVR capabilities and compatibility with camera rules.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should have 3 options, Area, min,max

If you only have min , max area, i dont see how that would work.

I believe Min/max area on nvr is same as min/max on camera, but different spelling. What you miss is Area in general

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then its the same, and should work.

If it does not work, its most likely related to firmwares. But i always preffer doing detection stuff on camera if it supports.

chin487

n3wb
Reaction score
I do the same . I select By Camera when I setting it up via NVR.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still not the same if you select that, you cant know compatibility. I always access camera directly. But if it works for you that way i dont see a reason for you to switch.

chin487

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I can do it directly on camera, But Alarm output is not supported if I do it via camera. Only email and ARC