M Series tyni desktop PCs

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its pretty much a remote way to see another computers desktop like you are sitting there. I use it all the time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes but can you control everything on the remote desktop?
yes
As with every remote desktop option, it will add lots of cpu consumption to the blue iris machine while using it.
FYI if you are spending that kind of money you for the elitedes can buy this dell which will have a 3 year warranty and room for a large 3.5 drive
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-7040-Intel-Core-i7-6700-X4-3-4GHz-8GB-500GB-DVD-RW-Win10-Black-/252331576145?hash=item3ac0224b51:g:I3wAAOSwAvJW9BOk
killer deal on this new skylake business class system..you will want to remove the video card and use onboard intel HD graphics...
OR if you want a tower to store more drives
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-7040-Mini-Tower-Intel-6th-Gen-i7-6700-4GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-DVD-RW-/331812660908?hash=item4d419366ac:g:GjoAAOSwr7ZW56Kg

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no full size hard drive bay in the device the op posted first. the newer ssds seem to have a pretty good life with heavy usage now though. depends on what your using it for.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes
As with every remote desktop option, it will add lots of cpu consumption to the blue iris machine while using it.
Before leaving the remote operation issue, The BI computer has to be left on all the times to operate the cameras. However, the display monitor does not have to remain on, or does it in order to control the system remotely?. Can it be left on Sleep mode? or is there a way in fact to turn it on, wake it up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Before leaving the remote operation issue, The BI computer has to be left on all the times to operate the cameras. However, the display monitor does not have to remain on, or does it in order to control the system remotely?. Can it be left on Sleep mode? or is there a way in fact to turn it on, wake it up ?
It has nothing to do with the monitor..you dont even need one connected.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no full size hard drive bay in the device the op posted first. the newer ssds seem to have a pretty good life with heavy usage now though. depends on what your using it for.
They are still way to expensive for 2tb sizes..even the 1tb are 250 when on sale...The op is looking for a powerful machine and presumably will have lots of cams..storage capacity should not be over looked.