LTS vertical nvr, anyone used this style before?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Besides the hard drives being hot swappable, is there any other advantage over a standard nvr?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@blake, I purchase LTS products semi regularly though our company and I'm not even sure what your referring to... Model number or link possibly?

The only "vertical" thing I can think of is there Wi-Fi NVR which is the white tower 3 lan ports and an HDMI connection. There is no "benefit" to this product unless you need wi-fi.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@blake

Ah, I know what your talking about now. Now there are actually more limitations to these then there standard Platinium series products. The ONLY advantage is the quick access to the HD's and allowing for hot swappable. The main limitations are the syncronized playback quality as well as the bandwidth and limited channels.

Last edited by a moderator:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay thanks. Was wondering for future customer sakes if I should offer these also or just stick with BI and standard nvr's.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@blake if thats what you end up considering I would just spend the extra $20 and get the LTN8708-P8 least then you get the increased bandwidth capacity and actually end up with 8POE ports instead of the 4. Sure its not hot swappable nor vertical but for the feature set i feel its a better option. If you honestly only need 4 ports go down to the P-4 and save the $50.

Just my 2 cents - in all i'm overly happy with the LTS NVR's and I haven't ever had anyone complain about them either, except for the lack of touch screen support via HDMI/USB.

Last edited by a moderator:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of my installs have been LTS equipment. I always use the nvr's with built in poe. Easier for my customers to handle.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed one of those long ago..They are much quieter than the others because it uses a larger fan... I don't think the unit supports virtual host though...

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just didn't know if they where better ir equal to a normal nvr. Thanks to you Fender, I sold one of my customers on an BI upgrade from their standard nvr!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just didn't know if they where better ir equal to a normal nvr. Thanks to you Fender, I sold one of my customers on an BI upgrade from their standard nvr!
What did I do?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally I prefer to sell the BI package, but some customers just want the plain nvr.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed one of those long ago..They are much quieter than the others because it uses a larger fan... I don't think the unit supports virtual host though...
Older ones may not of, all the platinum nvr's support virtual host now so I have to believe the vertical one would as well - but never know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when you sell to customer who maintains security network?
The customer has to. Unless they pay you to maintain their network. Hes not going to become their personal IT guy because he installed a camera system.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep. For me to maintain it, I would have to charge the customer a maintenance fee.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
The customer has to. Unless they pay you to maintain their network. Hes not going to become their personal IT guy because he installed a camera system.
Question for both you and Blake: How affluent are customers, are they mostly homeowers? or businesses ? How do BI customers deal with learning curve?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All of my customers have been residential except for one business. All are running Hik nvr's. This week I have one upgrade to do from Hik nvr to BI setup. Nvr setup is a set it and forget it kinda deal, where as BI is set it, tweek it and if you want more tweek it till you're happy.