LTS LTN8916-P16 4K NVR unboxing, first impressions

D!ngo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They have 9 contact locations on their website http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/contact but I don't see any headquarters there. There is a 'chat with us' pop box so maybe you can try asking them how to file a bug report.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
They have 9 contact locations on their website http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/contact but I don't see any headquarters there. There is a 'chat with us' pop box so maybe you can try asking them how to file a bug report.
Each location truly operates independently... They each have there own tech support, sales, and office owners. I don't want to say they are franchises but that's sorta how they operate.

Best thing to do is speak with a local support agent and they can file the request internally back to engineers. However be aware you'll need to talk to tech support from which office you purchased your hardware and wherever your main account resides. The other offices normally push you back to your account office as this who's making the money off you.

The sales side is a bit different. Some offices will sell to accounts they dont hold how ever it's best to work through your accounts office. If they don't have inventory though they will drop ship from another location.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was told that there is a work around to get intrusion photo attachments to work, but it involves an external POE switch. It won't work with internal poe. :sad2: Dunno why they would do that but hopefully there will be an update to fix that.

Connect the camera to the poe switch, port forward that camera, and send email with attachments for the intrusion detection via the camera itself.

HTH.
+1

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the Hikvision DS-7616N1-I2/16P (http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_212_i5729.html) the same as this LTS LTN8916-P16 other than the form factor (1U Hikvision vs 1.5U LTS) and HDD quantity (2HDD Hikvision vs 4HDD LTS).

Can't seem to locate an exact matching Hikvision branded model to these new LTS units. The DS-7616N1-I2/16P is the closest I can find spec wise, but it's 1U and the LTS is 1.5U. Also, the Hikvision is 2HDD vs 4HDD in the LTS unit.

I'm looking for 1U NVR with 16 PoE ports and > 4MP recording capability and the Hikvision seems to be that. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like Nelly or LTS has this specific model currently.

D!ngo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the Hikvision DS-7616N1-I2/16P (http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_212_i5729.html) the same as this LTS LTN8916-P16 other than the form factor (1U Hikvision vs 1.5U LTS) and HDD quantity (2HDD Hikvision vs 4HDD LTS).

Can't seem to locate an exact matching Hikvision branded model to these new LTS units. The DS-7616N1-I2/16P is the closest I can find spec wise, but it's 1U and the LTS is 1.5U. Also, the Hikvision is 2HDD vs 4HDD in the LTS unit.

I'm looking for 1U NVR with 16 PoE ports and > 4MP recording capability and the Hikvision seems to be that. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like Nelly or LTS has this specific model currently.
The LTS LTN89** is their 4K model. Hikvision's 4K model is the 77** series.

I think the model you're looking for that matches LTN8916-P16 is DS-7716NI-I4/16 http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_214_i5730.html

EDIT: I think their 4K model only comes in 1.5U

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
The LTS LTN89** is their 4K model. Hikvision's 4K model is the 77** series.

I think the model you're looking for that matches LTN8916-P16 is DS-7716NI-I4/16 http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Products_accessries_214_i5730.html

EDIT: I think their 4K model only comes in 1.5U
Per the Hikvision website and datasheet, the DS-7616NI-I2 is 4K. I just did a side-by-side on DS-7616NI-I2/16P and the DS-7716NI-I4/16P and the only difference is the 7700 version is 1.5U, supports 4HDD's and had 4x as many alarm in/out.

From a specification of capabilities otherwise, it looks like the 76xx-I2 and 77xx-I4 are identical with the main difference being total camera capacity scales: 8/16 vs 16/32 cameras, 2HDD vs 4HDD, 4/1 vs 16/4 Alarm I/O).

Looks like -I2/-I4 the general designations for the 4K models, which would be the step up from the current -E2/-E4 models.

So it seems like LTS has chosen to only bring in the larger model, or they just don't have the smaller mode in stock yet.

EDIT: I also noticed the LTS LTN8916-P16 shows an eSATA port on the images of the back, but the Hikvision DS-7716NI-I4/16P does not. LTS doesn't indicate eSATA in the listed specs though, but I'd have to assume the pictures are accurate? I'm not too familiar with LTS other than I know they re-brand, but this would be an actual spec difference as well, unless Hikvision did add eSATA at some point and hasn't updated their own materials.

Last edited by a moderator:

D!ngo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Per the Hikvision website and datasheet, the DS-7616NI-I2 is 4K. I just did a side-by-side on DS-7616NI-I2/16P and the DS-7716NI-I4/16P and the only difference is the 7700 version is 1.5U, supports 4HDD's and had 4x as many alarm in/out.

From a specification of capabilities otherwise, it looks like the 76xx-I2 and 77xx-I4 are identical. Just different scale for total cameras and drives really...8/16 vs 16/32, 2HDD vs 4HDD, 4/1 IO vs 16/4 Alarm I/O).

Looks like -I2 and -I4 designations for the 4K models, which would be the step up from the current -E2/-E4 models.

So it seems like LTS has chosen to only bring in the larger model, or they just don't have the smaller mode in stock yet.
You are right. I didn't notice they had the new 76** in 4K. When I was buying my LTS 8932 the cross reference model was the 7732. The other difference between the 76 and 77 model is the incoming bandwidth, 160Mbps vs 256Mbps.

All these models #'s and differences is enough to give me gray hair.

HDClown

n3wb
Reaction score
You are right. I didn't notice they had the new 76** in 4K. When I was buying my LTS 8932 the cross reference model was the 7732. The other difference between the 76 and 77 model is the incoming bandwidth, 160Mbps vs 256Mbps.

All these models #'s and differences is enough to give me gray hair.
The incoming bandwidth is relative to the channels. 7600-I2 is 80Mbps for 8 channel, and 160Mbps for 16 channel. The 7700-I4 is 160Mbps for 16 channel and 256Mbps for 32 channel.

I just looked at the unboxing pictures from the first post and I do see the LTS 8916 does have eSATA, but the Hikvision models don't show eSATA on any of the website images. I found some actual pictures from Netview CCTV UK's website and no eSATA port there. The LTS version also has an entirely different front panel too. That's quite a few changes beyond just a basic rebrand, which is interesting. I haven't look at any old LTS models to see if they have that kind of spec change compared to the Hikvision branded ones. But, the LTS variant is actually quite a bit nicer IMO, with the eSATA port and front jog dial and channel selection buttons.

Now to see if I can find out of LTS is going to eventually have their own version of the 7616NI-I2/16P, because that's the specific model I need.

nebo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See PM on pricing - I don't think posting is fair due to pricing restrictions with LTS. Also note that this and there other 16port POE NVR in the smaller 1U both have the same bandwidth support - 160 in and 80 out. Obviously the 4K version has a quad core CPU and 4k HDMI output, but if your not going 4k camera route the standard 16POE NVR would work. But for a future proof option the 4K NVR would be the way to go
Great thread! Good info!

Where were you getting the pricing you mentioned?

Now to decide whether to 'future proof' or not!
Thanks much!