LTS and Hikvision question

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is my understanding from reading many posts on this forum that LTS equipment is basically rebranded Hikvision equipment. I am currently considering the LTN8708-P8 nvr and the Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE8P nvr. These two units look nothing like each other and I am wondering what if anything other than that is the difference between them. Is one a more recent or newer version than the other or functionally different from the other? Does one have something that the other doesn't?

cbkaizer

n3wb
Reaction score
BUMP ... I'm interested in someone who knows what they are talking about to answer Rudyjr's question.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@cbkaizer

LTS is HIKVision private label - they purchase HIK in massive bulk buys and private label them. LTS also provides all support and covers the 3 year warranty that is included. LTS also does all the firmware support for the devices. So it is HIK hardware and quality and LTS brands it and supports it. In many cases the LTS firmware is better then HIK as it is more reliable and updated much more often. LTS has mult offices across the US each with a sales and support staff as well as all offices stock product.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5681-HIKVision-amp-LTS-3-amp-4mp-Camera-review-example?highlight=LTS+3mp+4mp

Last edited by a moderator:

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
error

Last edited by a moderator: