LPR Install ipc-hfw5241e-z12e

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Installed this today and hope the angle works out. If not, guess I'll move it.

I think I'm passed the point of buying cameras for security. It's more just an expensive hobby at this point. Next up is probably a 25x PTZ on the peak of my house.

Attachments

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol I'm pretty excited to do auto tracking PTZ. I just have to get out sometime this week and fine tune the settings to grab the plates.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'll have to look into the spotter cams. But shouldn't be a problem to throw up some fixed cams. Pretty much have the area covered.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
trying to tune in the settings now. I gotta go drive my car up and down the street eventually lol

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I know @bigredfish is an expert in this field. I tweaked some of my settings using his settings as a template, its been working fairly well so far using the OpenALPR Rekor Scout app. Make sure you set the IR lights to on and off one hour before dusk and dawn respectively to avoid any potential auto focus issues. Definitely upgrade to the latest firmware

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol cable runs from my outdoor Poe switch in the backyard in conduit, then leaves the conduit and goes under the siding of the house. Then goes up still under the siding and into that section there. The hole in the picture was sealed after I confirmed the cable was working.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have decided to go ahead and not pay for the openalpr rekor service anymore. Is there any options out there for self hosted free stuff? Or should I start thinking of ways to use this camera elsewhere?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided to go ahead and not pay for the openalpr rekor service anymore. Is there any options out there for self hosted free stuff? Or should I start thinking of ways to use this camera elsewhere?
Hopefully CodeProject.AI v2.0 will be released this week and it will have an ALPR module that I made.

1673134944445.png

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here but getting caught up.... I think. I see this thread has been going on for a year or two, is the camera that you started out with still the best to use in your opinion?

Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here but getting caught up.... I think. I see this thread has been going on for a year or two, is the camera that you started out with still the best to use in your opinion?
In a short answer, yes.

This cam does really well for LPR, but is not designed as an LPR cam. But unlike those cams designed for LPR, it has considerably more zoom than those.