Low Disk Space, BI not deleting old Alerts

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have BI record New and Alerts to C. It does a good job emptying the New folder, but sometimes the Alerts folder fills up way past the allotted amount and completely fills up my C drive. BI quits working at that point, can't remote into the PC, so I manually go in (at this time Windows is, of course, warning me of low disk space) and delete the old stuff. This has happened quite a few times. I remember an old issue where if BI was restarted or interrupted, this could be a problem, but I thought that was fixed and this is a pretty steady machine. No restarts, I'm not messing with stuff. I do have a second BI install on the LAN that I occasionally (rarely) open for viewing alerts, it doesn't do any recording.. I have "Do NOT monitor fee space" CHECKED there. Doubt that has anything to do with this but thought I'd mention just in case.

On the BI PC doing the recording, "Do NOT monitor fee space" is unchecked. I use the "Limit folder size" option. I've tried restarting the service, deleting the DB, repair/regenerate, etc., but this seems to pop up every few weeks.

Anyone else ever see this problem? Wanted to check before I take up anyone's time in support.

Thanks!!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you know the 'limit folder size' and 'limit clip age' apply to each folder separately, right?
ie, settings for 'alerts' folder is separate from settings for 'New' and 'Stored' folders
(in main options / clip & archiving page under 'folders' section there's a pick list to select the folder)

or are you by chance 'protect'ing specific cam's clips (in cam's record properties page) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do know that. Good idea on checking the protect properties. I'll check that asap

Reaction score
i have this exact same issue about every 2 weeks i have to go onto the hard drive and manually delete random videos the program"forgot" not sure whats causing it but it will work fine for a few days it seems then it randomly decides that some days it wont delete stuff until all the sudden im getting low space warnings.

EDIT: also should mention that it seems BlueIris THINKS it deletes the videos but it isnt actually. cause they quit appearing in the softwares time line.you actually have to go into the bluiris/new folder and manually find all the old video files and delete them.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: also should mention that it seems BlueIris THINKS it deletes the videos but it isnt actually. cause they quit appearing in the softwares time line.you actually have to go into the bluiris/new folder and manually find all the old video files and delete them.
Wow, that's thorough info. I might pass along to Ken. It sounds like a bug and I'm honestly surprised about not seeing more comments. What is it about mine and darkmage1991's setup that is unique?

I had to manually shut down my BI PC today. Couldn't even remote into it - it was so full, locked up. Didn't record for 6 hrs overnight. BI Tools watchdog didn't alert me of it. Other than this, BI has been a dream piece of software for me lately.