Lost connection when setting up, can't access now (IPC-HDBW4431R-AS)

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

So I bought 5 pieces of the IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 2.8MM dome ip cameras from Andy on Aliexpress. Finally got my package and I started to slowly do the install. My system is to replace my Logitech Alert cameras that I have setup at home using powerline.

List of hardware bought:
- IPC-HDBW4431R-AS 2.8MM
- TP-Link AV2000 powerline
- TRENDnet 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet PoE+ Switch
- Bunch of Cat6 cables

Everything will be running through powerline and the switch. It will be connected to a Blueiris system through an Asus AC88u Router.

I was originally going to mount these vertically on the wall, but realized that when I flip images, it only support certain resolution. I bought two mounts (Deebol DH-PFB203W - Amazon.com : Deebol DH-PFB203W Surveillance camera Waterproof Wall Mount Bracket Metal, Dahua dome camera bracket : Camera & Photo) to resolve this issue. So while I was connected to the camera and trying to view the angles and images on my computer through the browser (192.168.1.108), I suddenly lost connection. I could not launch the browser and connect back to that ip address. I tried to unplug and replug, but it still wouldn't connect. I turned off the switch and tried again, still couldn't connect. I even pressed the reset button on the camera and I still can't get the browser to launch the ip address. The router shows the camera connected though, and I know for sure the camera has power. How can I fix this issue? I tried plugging another camera into the port and I was able to access that camera using the ip address.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
It's been mentioned in the last two days that you sometimes have to hold the reset button down for as many as one or two minutes while re-starting the camera. Anything less than a minute, and you may not fully clear the NVRAM storage.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's been mentioned in the last two days that you sometimes have to hold the reset button down for as many as one or two minutes while re-starting the camera. Anything less than a minute, and you may not fully clear the NVRAM storage.
tried that, doesn't seem to work.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Connect only one Camera and power it up.

Use Smart PSS to locate it, if it's on a different IP range, you will need to change your PCs IP to match so you can reconfigure the IP.
Otherwise if it's still 108, use smart PSS to change it to something else, then try to access the camera.

Let us know how you go.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I pulled everything out and left only one camera in the switch. Opened the camera again and had my fingers pressed on the reset button for about 3 minutes just to be safe. I heard the camera click on and click off several times with the red infrared turning on and off. Finally let go and unpluged and repluged the thing. The switch picked up the signal and I was able to access the 192.168.1.108 ip address. Went into the system and change the IP directly after login.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I pulled everything out and left only one camera in the switch. Opened the camera again and had my fingers pressed on the reset button for about 3 minutes just to be safe. I heard the camera click on and click off several times with the red infrared turning on and off. Finally let go and unpluged and repluged the thing. The switch picked up the signal and I was able to access the 192.168.1.108 ip address. Went into the system and change the IP directly after login.
Three minutes will definitely do it! We've had luck with 60 seconds, but not shorter.

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

SD

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now the only issue is setting it up with blueiris... Without starting a whole new thread, is there some tutorial for Dahua cams on Blue Iris? I added it to my blueiris software, but it seems to spike the cpu to use 100% and after about a minute or two, blueiris will crash. I'm using a pretty new i5-6600k with 16gb of ram. Pretty sure the system can handle the software.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the help..

Now that I'm reading the forum more, I feel a little buyer's remorse since there's so many threads saying that the 5321s are much better than the 4431. hmm should have read more here before i bought on aliexpress

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the help..

Now that I'm reading the forum more, I feel a little buyer's remorse since there's so many threads saying that the 5321s are much better than the 4431. hmm should have read more here before i bought on aliexpress
Haha I have a mixture of cheapies and the star lights.

Nothing wrong with the cheapies. :)

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haha I have a mixture of cheapies and the star lights.

Nothing wrong with the cheapies. :)
these so called "cheapies" do perform much better than my Logitech Alerts which recorded images/video at 720p. Those camera's were $250+ ea. I'm pretty happy with these $85/ea cheapies

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
these so called "cheapies" do perform much better than my Logitech Alerts which recorded images/video at 720p. Those camera's were $250+ ea. I'm pretty happy with these $85/ea cheapies
And over time you'll slowly add more cameras to your system.
These ones will be the star lights. :)