losing video picture in BI using foscam camera's

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
When I got my new Foscam camera's I got them working perfectly in Blue Iris. Then all of a sudden they have started losing the live feed in BI's window. It says "https timeout 12002". One day it took all day for them to come back on and now it randomly does it on different camera's that I have. It isn't the camera's signal because it does it on any of the camera's that are the closest cams to the computer running BI also. Also I have configured them in my Netgear router as FTP (is that correct since the timeout is HTTS:?) I'd appreciate any help at all. Thank you

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Which model? Also, for local cams on local BI, you shouldn't need to do anything on your router.

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
Which model? Also, for local cams on local BI, you shouldn't need to do anything on your router.
I have #4 F19803P wireless and #3 F19816P wireless. I needed to set them all up wirelessly with their own IP address with my Netgear Router when I got them. Also I am unable to log in to BI remotely even tho' I have port forwarded correctly :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wireless is probably your "losing the live feed". I'm down to only 2 cameras on wireless (two different brands). We lose live feed from them for whatever time our Microwave oven is on. There are a myriad of other reasons to temporarily lose the live feed.

If you've forwarded the port correctly, then BI will work. Period. Are you using the WAN IP or the LAN IP when you try to access it remotely?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also, you don't need to set their IP address with your router. You can do it in the camera's configuration (that's how I've done all of my cams regardless of make/model).

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, you don't need to set their IP address with your router. You can do it in the camera's configuration (that's how I've done all of my cams regardless of make/model).
I am using the Wan IP address to remotely connect to Blue Iris...still not luck...thank you for all of your answers ~ it gives me a great starting point to work with. If you can think of anything else that might help me I'll gladly listen :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Another possibility for not connecting to Blue Iris... what port is it on? Are any of the cams (or anything else) on that port?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@oregonduck In blue iris, for each camera, go to properties>video>configuration and set the receive buffer to 20mb. When a camera is down, see if you can log into it via the browser that will tell you if its the camera or BI.
As far as remote viewing, what port are you using? have you check to see if the port is open using canyouseeme.org?

Phil5377

n3wb
Reaction score
I just found out that the new smart meter from Detroit Edison was interfering with my signal from my router . I dont know if you have a new meter but maybe that is your problem.

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: losing video picture in BI using foscam camera's *** SOLVED***

So I have agonized over this for the past week. I've searched the internet to the very end trying to find out what the problem was. I think I've finally got it...

In the foscam software for each camera go to settings ~ then Network ~ then UPnP ~ make sure this is set to YES enable. However, make sure that you click on another tab and SAVE settings. Log out and your camera's should work perfectly.

I also want to give a shoutout to Mike who has created a Blue Iris Tool add on. This allows you to create a weather overlay on any camera along with other useful tools to tweak Blue Iris to your liking.
Thank you to all that has contributed to helping me with my problem...I appreciate all of your input it was very very helpful.

I will post updates if my status changes with foscam dropping video signal again in BI :cool::cool: