Loryta Brand on Amazon Shop

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This year Amazon's policy will required a registered brand to sell on their online shop ,so we registered this brand as the selling brand, all products are still the dahua oem products. We will make this changes on all new cams/listing from April.24th.

Future will paste a Loryta label on all camera box, this will help us to make full 2 years warranty and good/fast support as usual.

Thanks for all guys support.

Andy

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This year Amazon's policy will required a registered brand to sell on their online shop ,so we registered this brand as the selling brand, all products are still the dahua oem products. We will make this changes on all new cams/listing from April.24th.

Future will paste a Loryta label on all camera box, this will help us to make full 2 years warranty and good/fast support as usual.

Thanks for all guys support.

Andy
Awesome!!!

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, how can I connect your brands on Amazon with the models listed on Dahua's website? For example, if I'm looking for a simple 2.8 fixed Starlight bullet cam, (let's say Dahua #N53AB52), I can't find anything listed through your links. Or, is it a new camera that you don't have yet? Shoot, even a 2 or 3MP camera would be fine, I don't need 5MP, but I would like the smaller fixed Starlight POE camera.

Reaction score
So, how can I connect your brands on Amazon with the models listed on Dahua's website? For example, if I'm looking for a simple 2.8 fixed Starlight bullet cam, (let's say Dahua #N53AB52), I can't find anything listed through your links. Or, is it a new camera that you don't have yet? Shoot, even a 2 or 3MP camera would be fine, I don't need 5MP, but I would like the smaller fixed Starlight POE camera.
The camera model you referenced is a US model camera. Andy (Loryta/EmpireTec) sells International model cameras which have a very different model number system. As far as I know, there is no easy way to cross=reference US model camera, with International models.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@yellowbunny, you might want to check out the new 5442 series. They're 4MP and use a bigger 1/1.8" lens and are about the best affordable low-light cameras that Dahua has. Dahua US doesn't carry them yet, but Andy does. Here's a link to a review of the varifocal bullet:
Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Last edited:

yellowbunny

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll shoot Andy a message and see what he says. @aristobrat - So the fixed bullet (no varifocal) 5442 series is the U.S. model, and you reviewed the verifocal version of that bullet cam (international PN) from what I can see, correct?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll shoot Andy a message and see what he says. @aristobrat - So the fixed bullet (no varifocal) 5442 series is the U.S. model, and you reviewed the verifocal version of that bullet cam (international PN) from what I can see, correct?
@Wildcat_1 did the review of the 5442 varifocal bullet above. I missed that you were looking for a fixed-lens bullet. I can't find a review for the 5442 bullet (fixed lens), but the image quality should be similar to the 5442 varifocal bullet.

It does look like the Dahua US site now has three "5442" Pro-AI models from the International site.

The N45EF63 is a 5MP 1/1.8" 3.6mm (I know you mentioned 2.8mm) fixed bullet and the specs looks equivalent to the HFW5442T-ASE on the . The bigger sensor should give it better low-light image quality than the 5MP 1/2.7" model.

Here's the link for it on the International site:

Here's a link to that model on Andy's AliExpress site:

And on Amazon:

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the functional difference in Empire Tech 5442 vs. a US North American 5442 camera? Is the firmware different in functionality? I believe warranty-wise you would have 3 yrs for the US version, correct vs. 1 year thru Andy? I tried to order one from your Amazon store but Amazon screwed up the shipping so am going to get one from B&H instead for now. Hate their next day shipping by Amazon, they always seem to screw up deliveries.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Weird. I've bought all my Andy cameras using Amazon and they have all been perfect. With Andy you get English firmware and fast access to firmware updates when they come out. Cant speak for BH, I have never bought from them.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the functional difference in Empire Tech 5442 vs. a US North American 5442 camera? Is the firmware different in functionality? I believe warranty-wise you would have 3 yrs for the US version, correct vs. 1 year thru Andy? I tried to order one from your Amazon store but Amazon screwed up the shipping so am going to get one from B&H instead for now. Hate their next day shipping by Amazon, they always seem to screw up deliveries.
I'd go with Andy over B&H

cepler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird. I've bought all my Andy cameras using Amazon and they have all been perfect. With Andy you get English firmware and fast access to firmware updates when they come out. Cant speak for BH, I have never bought from them.
To be clear, this is not something wrong with Andy's services, it's a failure on Amazon's logistical services.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
To be clear, this is not something wrong with Andy's services, it's a failure on Amazon's logistical services.
Yes, I agree. As much as I despise Amazon as a company, I have always had good luck with them. I've heard that having Andy ship direct to you DHL is only a little longer, and a little cheaper vs Amazon.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@cepler, it you can wait a few days, it looks like Andy can ship up the international version of the 5442 for $40 cheaper than B&H, or the new varifocal version of the 5442 for the same price that B&H is selling the fixed-lens model for.

If you don't want to order through the AliExpress site, you can you shoot him and email or forum PM.

Variman

n3wb
Reaction score
So for firmware updates from cameras purchased from Andy's amazon U.S. store, do I just go to the Dahua site? Not ready to update, just wondering.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Variman - if the cameras are installed and operating and working as you need them to, a general rule of thumb here is "don't fix what ain't broke".

Many times a firmware update will add something that you were not using or didn't need and it unfortunately then breaks something you were using. I recall someone on here with a Z12 had nothing but issues when they updated the software - multi reboots, etc. And of course a certain PTZ that lost autotracking if someone updated the firmware...

You can use the Dahua site for firmware updates for cameras from Andy, but you will find they do not update there often and in fact the camera you get from Andy may be a more recent firmware than Dahua has on their site. In fact, for those that purchase from Andy, members here work closely with Andy and he in turn works with Dahua to make firmware tweaks that Andy then shares to those here. Many of these are great improvements, yet Dahua doesn't roll them out to their other customers nor on their website.

Your best bet is to watch here when Andy posts a new firmware update and he will state which cameras they are valid for.

Variman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, just getting up to speed. Have read most of the cliff notes and have a background in AV/IT but I have to admit there is a bit of a learning curve with almost endless configuration options. It will be me, the manuals, and a camera, trying different things in my offices just to test for a while. Which I find fun.