Lorex wireless camera systems...anyone know much about them?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at a few wireless camera system options for a temp quick setup at a relatives home while they are away for a while. I'm pretty sure I don't want the Arles based on video I've seen.

I noticed Lorex has some ready to go wireless cam systems and a few on sale.
Has anyone here used them or have any other experience ce with similar to know if they are decent enough?
I'm not looking to compete with a good wired system. I just need something quick and easy for this project that will work for basic motion capture. I don't really want to mess with cloud based storage setups either.

Lorex

Wireless HD Camera Systems

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at a few wireless camera system options for a temp quick setup at a relatives home while they are away for a while. I'm pretty sure I don't want the Arles based on video I've seen.

I noticed Lorex has some ready to go wireless cam systems and a few on sale.
Has anyone here used them or have any other experience ce with similar to know if they are decent enough?
I'm not looking to compete with a good wired system. I just need something quick and easy for this project that will work for basic motion capture. I don't really want to mess with cloud based storage setups either.

Lorex

Wireless HD Camera Systems
Hi nbstl68

On another forum someone who purchased a kit on a black friday deal noted it was ok.

Otherwise, I have not seen much reported on it.

Does the relative have an alarm system?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes they have an alarm system but not used in years as it is a subscription service and had issues. Since no one will be home for a month or so we just wanted something quick and easy to use like this wireless setup. I get wired is always better, etc. But don't have the time o r desire to mess with that in this instance. Just look I ng for a good WiFi setup for now and was hop I ng someone might know a little about these. I have seen only Arlo as a similar example and don't care for it or cloud services.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they have an alarm system but not used in years as it is a subscription service and had issues. Since no one will be home for a month or so we just wanted something quick and easy to use like this wireless setup. I get wired is always better, etc. But don't have the time o r desire to mess with that in this instance. Just look I ng for a good WiFi setup for now and was hop I ng someone might know a little about these. I have seen only Arlo as a similar example and don't care for it or cloud services.
Have them buy a ring alarm.

Reaction score
Another poster here determined their cameras were re-branded Reolink items. If that's what Lorex is doing/using, I'd steer far away from them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another poster here determined their cameras were re-branded Reolink items. If that's what Lorex is doing/using, I'd steer far away from them.
Hi VorlonFrog,

I do not recall seeing that.

I did see a post where Reolink reportedly had the same NVR hardware as Hikvision...

I do know many of the IP PoE items that Lorex has are Dahua OEM, and recall that Dahua did purchase Lorex this last year ( iirc ).

Reaction score
Hi VorlonFrog,
I do not recall seeing that.
I did see a post where Reolink reportedly had the same NVR hardware as Hikvision...
I do know many of the IP PoE items that Lorex has are Dahua OEM, and recall that Dahua did purchase Lorex this last year ( iirc ).
It was another brand (possibly Swann) where they were re-branded Reolinks. If Dahua bought Lorex (my ignorance here) then it's not very likely they'd be re-branding Reolinks, but simply loading different firmware on similar/limited Dahua hardware.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was another brand (possibly Swann) where they were re-branded Reolinks. If Dahua bought Lorex (my ignorance here) then it's not very likely they'd be re-branding Reolinks, but simply loading different firmware on similar/limited Dahua hardware.
FYI - quick search on both "swann" and "reolink" and quick scan brought up the following posts:

My SWANN NHD-815 Experiment
Reolink NVR RLN8-410 with Swann 815 or 818 cameras (Swann 7400 firmware ) ?
Reolink - good & bad
Reolink - good & bad
Swann NVR8-7400

"fyi, the swann systems you are referring to are older systems made by the same OEM that makes the reolinks...the newer swann systems are hikvision." - fenderman
Reolink - good & bad