Lorex: New IP Cam goes from Port7 to 35000?

CanMan20

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight and help me understand the configuration with a PoE IP-camera I added to an existing Lorex NVR.

Hardware:
  • Existing Lorex N842 NVR
  • Six existing E892DD IP cameras attached
  • Purchased and attached an additional E841CD (also PoE 4K IP) camera
  • All connected directly to the NVR (no switches or couplers involved) via cat-5e

Sequence of events:

1. When first connected, the new E841CD is detected and added to the system and phone app automatically
  2. I believe (can't recall with 100% certainty but I'm +90% sure) that it appeared like the others: WEB SERVICE -> "Camera" -> "Registration" showed it on Port7
  3. Did some minor tweaks like image flip, mirror, etc and later unplugged the cat-5e while mounting and plugged it back in
  4. At this point the camera no longer appears in the WEB SERVICE or phone app - completely gone - couldn't work out how to get it back for a long time
  5. Eventually was able to rediscover and re-add via: WEB SERVICE -> "Camera" -> "Registration" -> "Device Search" -> "Add"

But now it appears a little different: it still has an NVR assigned IP but it's now on port 35000 instead of Port7 and I can delete it via the trash can icon while I can't with the other E892DD cameras. And I had to manually add it while it was detected and added automatically the first time.

Sure, it's a slightly different camera model than the others but they're all 4K PoE IP turret's (no wifi) and they're all directly wired into the NVR with NVR assigned IPs.

So I'm confused as to why the new one is now on port 35000 instead of Port7? Maybe it updated new firmware after the initial connection and changed characteristics accordingly? And should I even care now that I have it rediscovered and working again?

Thanks.